Chapter 5

Done with the delicious birthday breakfast we locked the apartment up and made our way out to the car. To get to the car we had to go through the park outside our complex and of course, Luke, Benjamin, and a third guy which is my other brother I recognized now that I saw him in light stood there talking. Ignoring them I laughed at something Colton had said I decided to play tag the remaining way to our vehicle and start with Colton first.

"Hey, Colton!" I called out catching his attention paying no mind to Luke and his crew obviously staring at us and listening in on our conversation

"What's up, my little birthday princess?"

"You've been tagged!" I exclaimed as I began running to get away from him.

"Heeey, you little poop, you can't just come and say that to me without knowing the consequences of it!" he joked in an acting serious manner and began running after me.

I screamed as I tried to outrun him but failed as he soon caught up to me grabbing me from behind and twirling me around making me laugh.

"Colton put me down!" I squealed as he kept swirling me around making me dizzy

"Ahh you're no fun, you little poop" he exclaimed as he put me down on the grass while holding my waist steady so I wouldn't fall for being too dizzy.

"Did you just say I aren't funny!" I fake yelled out angry like he really hurt my feelings

"Well which one of us is it that never leaves their apartment to have some fun and other things than homework and other school stuff huh"

"Excuse me, did you just call me boring!?"

"Yes, I did, something wrong?" he remarked with a smirk knowing exactly that my behavior was just an act, and we kept the act up for my apparently royal real brothers watching us.

"You know what I just live on the right side of the law contradicting to your choice of lifestyle old man!"

"Old man humph what are you talking about, and if you were truly living on the right side of the law, you wouldn't have this, would you?" he said pulling my hair away from my right ear revealing the tattoo I got one summer before I turned 16 which is illegal since you have to be at least 18 years old to get a tattoo. Laura and Jonathan had been standing to the side all the time watching our little roleplay going on.

"Shit, how did you know?" I now asked him a little more serious than before but still with a little girl criminal smile on my face excited for doing something illegal a few years ago.

"I noticed earlier when you ran beside me after tagging me and your hair shortly flew away from your ear"

"Ughh what a bummer, you weren't supposed to know, no one was," I said hitting Colton's arm for discovering my secret. Usually, I hide it with makeup, but I guess I forgot it today because of being too excited for the ride we were going out on.

"Aww that hurt" Colton said rubbing his arm after screaming out like a little five-year-old kid getting hit by his big brother

"Guys did you see that she just hit me!" he said turning around to face Laura and Jonathan watching us with amused expressions over our silly banter.

"Well, it is her birthday she can do whatever she wants," Jonathan said with a laugh backing me up instead of his best friend.

"HA, even your best friend is on my side and not yours!" I said fake mocking Colton

"Watch what you're saying little sis, watch what you're saying," he said with a serious face on before taking a full 180 degree in personality change "Come on or else we're getting late, birthday girl" Colton now said with an excited voice pulling me along by the arm to his car we would be driving out to wherever we are going.

Without thinking about it I glanced back and saw Benjamin, Luke and the other guy still looking at me with their foreheads creased the same way making them look older than they really are. I searched on my brothers yesterday and Luke who is the oldest at 24, Lukariah something the second on 22 years old and lastly from the boys Benjamin at 20 and now me Caliah apparently already 18 years old since my real birthday was back in January. Unexpectedly I gave a small smile to them before getting in the car once again forgetting all about them on purpose just wanting to enjoy the day, I have called my birthday since I was a little girl. We arrived at a horse farm a little out of town a while later and there were horses everywhere. Just what I needed, a nice day to relax and have fun with my friends and some horses on my side.

After riding around for a few hours, we drove back into town where we got something to eat and some delicious ice cream and just laughed all together. So far it has been one of the best birthdays I have ever had in my life, even with all the royal stuff and fake family flying around my head. When we got home, I received the long-awaited presents and wow I just love them. From all of them, I got this beautiful silver bracelet with letters saying forever together and 4 small people signifying the sibling bond we have they explained. Separately I got some sweet dresses from Laura, a new phone from Jonathan since my old one was broke and he said that he had saved up for it for months and that I shouldn't worry about it, and I got so emotional about I shed a tear or two and hugged Jonathan at least 5 minutes. From Colton my all-time male best friend forever not that Jonathan isn't, but Colton is just special. He gave me one of his hoodies that I absolutely love and a special picture of all of us together and just him and I laughing our buts of when Colton took the picture capturing one of the best and funniest moments of my life. I didn't even realize he took it, and the picture brought yet again tears to my eyes and they all laughed at me before we all went in for a group hug.

"Sorry to stop this guys but we need to get going if we want to make it to the lecture"

"You're right we can't be late for that one I heard it was quite important for us to be there, just give me 5 minutes and I will be ready" what they don't know is the presentation I am gonna make today, so of course, it is important we make it there in time

"Yeah, sure birthday girl we will wait for you," Colton said, and I thanked them, walking into my room to change with one of the dresses Laura gifted me. With an exhale I looked up into my mirror, took my lenses out so you could see my real eye color, and let my hair loose falling down on my back and changing into the cute knitted grey dress that went down past my knees and black trench coat and some black boots with my little bag where I could have my phone and other small things in it.