Chapter 14

The next day I woke up as soon as Mom left for her satsang at 4am. I wanted to check on Dad. I was worried about him, he was in the worse condition last night. I wasn't able to sleep. He was at home that day. Since he was so weak, he had no energy left to do his work or leave the house at night. One way it was good that he is safe and sound and resting at home, in a bed rather than roaming around. The other way it made my heart ache to see the person who used to trouble us all day long lying on bed so weak, so helpless. When I reached the living room, as if on clue, Dad was awake too, as if he knew this was a papa-daughter time. As if he knew, as if he knew. It was very easy to tell him things, so easy. Because, he never talked to anyone else, so my secrets were safe with him. Also he never judged me.
" Gudda, please can you pull me up, I wanna go to washroom "
It was so so painful to see such a strong man in such a condition. He never used to ask anyone's help. Never in my whole 18 years of life. And there he was, so weak, that he could not even get up from bad to go to washroom.
I went close to him, my one hand was behind his neck and the other was holding his arm as I was trying to pull him up. He was in the same lungi and banyan, from two days now. He hadn't brushed either. His body ached. He had no strength left. I tried to pull him up but he cried in pain. He wasn't able to move an inch. I tried harder. But no. He just wasn't able to carry himself at all. Finally giving up, he lied back down. " Leave Gudda, I can't, just get me a glass of water please"
" papa try, you can, come on "
" no Gudda, it's fine, I will go later. Just get me a glass of water"
I went to the kitchen, took a glass, and filled it with water. My mind was occupied with the thoughts of how to convince him to get treated. It's high time. Being polite and asking him simply to go for treatment will be in vain, because as far as I know him, that won't convince a stubborn personality like him. I have to go the other way.
I went back to the living room, helped him sit up, my hand supporting his spine, and the other hand, helped him with the glass of water.
He slowly drank all of it and lied back down, shivering. " Gudda please give me a blanket too"
" God damm it Dad! From the minute I came to see you, you are like do this do that. Look at the time, it's being almost an hour, am still here. Get well and do your chores yourself! I don't wana do all these things when I should be peacefully sleeping! " I started whining and walking towards the wardrobe for blanket. Don't get me wrong, I love to help him out, but this was the only way, to convince him. Guilt. If he feels he's a burden to our life's, he will feel the need to get well soon.
I bought the blanket and covered his lean weak body, that was shivering even when the fan was off. I was sweating on the other side. " Thankyou, please can you refill this glass of water? "
I started whining again as I took the glass from his hands and moved to the kitchen. It was strange, how many times was he thirsty in such a short span of time. I gave it back to him, while again pulling him up and supporting him as he drank. He then told me to switch off the lights so that he could rest. I gladly agreed. When I was goin to my room, he waved me goodbye. In his style, in a very strange way, when I was a kid, and used to go school, he used to wave me goodbye. He waved in the same way. I smiled at that memory. He did too. Mom entered from the main door at the same time, and she saw us too, and smiled.
I then went back to my bed, closed my eyes, and hoped, as I wake up, he will be ready to get treated. Because then, everything was gonna be fine. Everything.
---------------------------------------------------------
Hey!
I am so sorry for my late updates.
I really am. But these coming chapters are not easy for me to write. Please bear with me guys.

Peace and love
Stay happy, stay blessed, stay safe.