Chapter 19

I stopped wearing his favourite outfit. I stopped wearing his favourite spectacle. I stopped wearing his favourite hairstyle. I stopped coming online, I kept my phone switched off. I know it wasn't fair to do this to him, to someone I love so much. But guess what? He never tried to contact me. Ofcourse my phone was off, but he could have contacted Dia or Payal, or the landline for that matter. Maybe he doesn't care, maybe he does but is giving me space or maybe, just maybe, my presence or absence means nothing to him. Khushi means nothing to Rudra. I could have died between these days and he wouldn't even know it. I hate the feeling that he doesn't care, that he is not trying to contact me. There were many times, when I felt like calling him and asking him why doesn't he care? He said he loves me, is love like this? Not contacting your beloved for days, and still not getting affected. Even when you didn't have a fight. But the fact that he doesn't care, made me control my urge to contact him too. If our love is true, we are Meant to be, he will come chasing me all the way even when I am in some deserted place, with no social contacts. At present I kept the things as they were. If he doesn't contact at all, or finds someone else, the memories of the time we spent together were enough to spend a lifetime with.
On the other hand, the doctors said that heart valve leakage was the cause of my father's death. Although I partly believe that fact, since I thought that the doctor was not interested or not responsible to treat him perfectly, but maybe it was just my hatred towards him, cz he was actually qualified for the same. It won't be fair enough to blame him. Things were getting normal at home. Mom was doing better than before, we missed him, but we tried to keep it in our hearts.

" He already knows you just lost your Dad, he should be with you. It's being two days already" Dia whined, when I told her about how Rudra has not tried contacting me. Although I was the one who had switched off phone and decided to be alone, but obviously I was expecting him to try to contact me.

" it's being 4 days Rudra, and now you are calling! And you say you love me!! The people who are in love keep talking day and night, unlike you. Who's contacting me after 4 long days!"
" babu, gusse wali aurat ( angry woman) chodona gussa ( keep your anger aside please). I was just jealous, you know how much possessive I am about you"
" Rudra, he is my friend, was actually. I cut off with him as soon as I realized you were uncomfortable. There is absolutely no reason to be jealous. I only love you, and nothing can change that. Besides you do not contact me for days, for such a reason, probably I will be gone any of these days, and you won't even realize my absence in your life! "
" there is a reason Khushi, you are damm sexy, every guy tries to hit on you. And you are innocent, you don't realize it. The guy, you are calling your friend, was apparently undressing you in his eyes. I saw a glint of lust in his eyes, and I was burning with rage, I cannot bear it "
" I understand. I will be careful with whom am making friends the next time"
" I love you alot"
" yeah right, I know"
" seriously I do Khushi, believe me. And it's not necessary for every couple to talk all the time right? We are no more teenagers now. We are mature. A simple, romantic chat at the end of the day is more than enough. The four days, I stayed away from you, it were difficult. I was constantly checking my phone for your msgs and calls. I have ego, and you don't have any of it. So I was not contacting, but I love you for sticking around. Believe me Khushi, I cannot live without you. Maybe am away for some days, weeks or months, but at the end of the day, I will always end up with you. You are my wife, my other half. I cannot survive more than a week without you. You and Dad, are the two most important persons in my life"

" Earth to Khushi! Am talking to you" said Dia breaking me from my trance.
" uh.. A week " I stuttered.
" What? What are you saying? "
" A week, he will probably contact me within a week" I said slightly smiling.
" are you sure? " Dia asked.
" I guess so, as far as I know him, he will" I said.
" ok, if you say so, let's just wait and see" she said.
" yeah" I whispered and hugged her.