Chapter 10

I took my keys and went upstairs to Dia's place. She lived upstairs. I entered her home, Lily Aunty greeted me and I greeted her back. I needed to talk to Dia..her mood was really off. I was worried about what actually happened between Ronak and Dia. I knocked at her door.

Dia: hey

Me: hey. How are you?

Dia: Am good. Actually trying to be.

She tried to fake smile, she was in real pain. Guys suck!

Me: what's it?

Dia: nothing you know, just nothing happened, I don't know why he's acting like this..

Me: tell me from the start.

Dia: It was my birthday. And I was waiting for his call. He didn't called me. I thought he would be busy. But his call never came until morning. I then thought to call him myself, but again, I thought, maybe he's planning some surprise, so I didn't call him. My birthday came and went but he never called. When I called him later, I realised I was Blocked from his contacts. I tried to ask our common friends, but no one knew what happened. He shared with no one. I tried contacting him from other sources, then he abused me, he said am too dependent on him that I begging him to talk. I don't know, what's on his mind. Everything was perfect. Very perfect. I don't know what went wrong.

Me: how could he do this?? Doesn't he have any sense?? Without any reason how could he just do this?

She started sobbing and I hugged her.

Me: should I talk to him?

Dia: no, he will think am desperate. Leave it. If it's meant to be, he will talk.

Me: this is not done Dia, you have to bring him back. You can't leave everything on Destiny.

Dia: I have tried. I think, maybe because exams are approaching, maybe he wants me to concentrate on my studies. Maybe, he will talk to me later. Maybe.

Me: ok. If you think so, then let's wait until your exams, because you know him better. I won't judge him.

Dia: yeah. Until then I will study, as he wants me too:)

Smiling in such a situation was not easy. But she was strong. Her love was true. Her love was her trust, her faith. Trust that he's doing all this for her own good. Trust that he will come back. True love. Strong love. Not everyone has it. But Ronak was lucky, very lucky. I hugged her again. I was proud of the way she was coping. It is not easy. They were together for two long years. They were together each day. They shared each moment. Each memory. It was not easy. It's never easy to be strong.

I went back home. The sound of painful screams filled my ear. I entered the door and saw that my Dad was holding Mom very harshly by her wrist, and she was crying in pain. I rushed towards her and pushed my Dad roughly. He fell on his back with a thud. I than realised my push was too rough. Maybe am the first girl who did this to her own Dad. Mom went and was helping him to get up. He moved away from her. As she's some kind of dirt.

" WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING"  I shouted at my Dad.

Dad: Your dear Mom is having an extramarital affair. People are talking all over the area about her. I feel ashamed. Ashamed of marrying such a slut!

Me: She's not having any affair Dad. She God Damm loves you. People keep talking shit. You can not hurt Mom for that. And if she does have an affair, what's wrong in that??? Have you ever loved her? Coz from the day that I have been born, I have never seen you sit and talk politely with her. So what's wrong if she gets a bit of love from someone. Doesn't she has a right to be happy?

I snapped at him angrily. I was burning with rage. Men who try to physically hurt a women are not men. They are animals. And my dad was one of them.

I was sick. Sick of my own parents. I went to my room and locked it. I need no one. Not my parents atleast.