Chapter 15

It was noon time when I heard chaos around the living room. Curiosity brought me out of my usual spot in my bedroom to see what was going on. When I reached there, I saw my whole lot of family was gathered. Apparently Dad had finally agreed for the treatment, and Mom was getting him dressed with the help of Bro cz he was very weak to do it himself. Finally my efforts worked and it bought an greatful smile on my face, cz I knew, this was the time when things will start getting better. Dad was whining in pain, as he was getting dressed. Bro was getting irritated, since he thought Dad was just acting around and I don't actually blame him. Dad usually used to act as in he is in lot of pain when actually it will be quite simple headache. He loved sympathy. Mom on the other side was laughing, trying to lighten the mood. Because of her, everyone of us was laughing, even Dad. It was so funny, sometimes he was whining in pain and the other moment he was laughing with us. Atlast Mom and Bro gave up, since he was not moving an inch. After a few moments, I went to him, and slightly pulled him up into sitting position. Surprisingly, this time he didn't complained. I slowly tried to put his arm in the shirt, and buttoned it up. He still didn't complain. His pants were so lose on his waist, he weighed like a stick in the last few days. My heart ached at the sight. Such a strong man. I was maybe 10 years old when he went through laser operation and partly lost his sight. I was in 10th, when he had a heart attach and a paralysis attach at the same moment, but within hours, he came out fine. Maybe it was a miracle. He was strong, illness was nothing in front of him. And this was just fever and weakness, I knew, it will be fine, just a matter of days. He was strong enough to come through it.
I slowly put his toes in his slippers, as I was now done. He still haven't complained. Mom smiled at me thankfully. And with that Mom and Bro took him for the check up. I smiled, feeling content, that it's gonna get better from now. He will be fine and Home until tonight, and start troubling us. Moving around the house doing his work. When I come to think of it now, it's good, I don't mind the way he is, even if he is not the perfect Dad to us, a perfect husband to Mom, but I loved him fit and fine. I cannot see him in pain. I hated it.
I got ready for my clas and left with a constant smile on my face, I knew it bad times are gone, he will be home tonight, and we will have a nice gossip like we always do. I was so confident. The smile never left my face that day.
When I was on my way back home from clas, my aunt called me
" how's your dad now? "
" don't worry, he's fine " I smiled.
" what did the doctor say? " she asked concerned.
" actually I m not Home yet, I don't know, but he will be fine" I assured her.
" your Mom called me a few hours back and informed me he's in the ICU, she did not mentioned any details, she's not receiving my calls even, I hope everything is fine "
She said.
But that did not affect me, I knew Dad was fine, the doctors must be being formal with all the tests and stuff, it wouldn't be anything that serious, or Mom would have called me, wouldn't she? I sighed and answered her " Massi don't worry, I will reach home within half an hour, and will myself call you, I am sure nothing would be that serious. Stop worrying "
" okay dear, do call soon.. Tc "
And with that she hung up leaving me with different presumptions.