Chapter 22

Rudra gave me a dairy milk.
Khushi : Rudra, stop spending on me unnecessarily.
Rudra : spending on wife is not unnecessary.
Khushi : it's not official yet
Rudra : that means you don't consider me as your husband still.
Khushi : don't discuss.
Rudra : fine.
Rudra left. Khushi felt hurt. He left her at a public place. Alone. She wanted to cry. But not infront of people. She briskly walked away. Rudra left her alone, in anger. She felt awful. She found an empty classroom. She sat on the last bench, put her head down and cried.
Rudra came soon after her. He never actually left her. He was all the time behind her, watching her every move. He sat opposite her in the classroom. He forwarded her an image of a model in bikini. Khushi felt the vibration of her phone. She raised her head and saw him with teary eyes. She was shocked and happy as well. He never really left her But she pretended to be annoyed. She saw the image and again bent her head down. She gave nothing away. Not even a smile at his awful attempt. He again sent her the image. She again didn't reacted. Then some students and a professor entered the classroom. Rudra ran out. Seeing him, Khushi realised, there's gonna be a lecture in the class. She also ran out. Both saw each other outside and burst out laughing. All anger vanished. All grudges gone. They laughed together. The crazy couple. The Meant to be couple.

" So..why were you rude to Mom? " asked my beloved brother. We were all in my room, Bhaiya Sat besides me, Mom was opposite me, facing me, and my sister in law sat besides her. It was like we were having a serious discussion about the matter concerning the welfare of the world. But I knew things would be on my side already, bcz bhaiya for some unknown reason disliked Rishabh uncle. Good for me.

" Bhaiya, I don't know whether she has told you or not, but she is expecting me to marry Maanav! Of all the people Maanav!! Can you simply believe it?? I don't like him at all. Infact I have always saw him as a brother. How can I even think something like that? Am really not comfortable with all this, I mean am only 19 yet. Let me study at peace atleast. Besides Aahila Aunty is sending me gifts, that is too much. If I accept all this, she will guess I don't mind marrying her son, so I declined. I am not ready for this now, and I won't be later even. Not this, not Maanav.. "

" But why, why are you over reacting?? They are great people, they love you, they are rich.. All is good. You will lead life of a queen with them. They will keep you loved and happy. There is nothing more than to see her daughter extremely happy after marriage for a mother. Look Khushi, everything is perfect and I really don't wana lose this opportunity, not bcz you think you love that Rudra. You don't love him, all this is just infatuation, and what does he have to keep you happy? Do you think I will let you marry him and live in a two BHK? He doesn't even have a job, no good looks, no nothing. I won't let that happen. That will be stupidity! "
My mom said.

" Opportunity? I don't understand why you people are of the thinking that the sooner daughter is out of the house, the better. I mean that's disgusting! Don't you have enough funds to keep me alive in this home until I die? Is it so necessary to let me go? And about Rudra, let me tell you dear Mom, I know he's not filthy rich like your friends, he knows it too. But that's because his father earns, and his mother, sister and he himself spends, so things are not that good financially, but once he starts earning too, things will change for better, they will be able to save, to invest. It will take time. Even Maanav does nothing, but unlike Rudra he's fortunately born in that family who can afford his needs. Atleast Rudra will be responsible, atleast he won't live on his Forefathers leftover, and I am proud of him, I will always be. And we are not running anywhere, I have to complete my studies, and he has to be independent before we get married. And it's not good looks that will be with me, it will be our understanding for each other that will keep us strong. I know Aunty and Uncle love me, and am glad. But why can't you see I don't see Maanav in that way.. I just don't Mom. Yes Uncle and Aunty will keep me happy, I will have lots of money, I will sit on a king size bed and keep eating and having fun, but what will be a life with my husband? It will be empty, cz I feel nothing. Simply nothing for that person" I said.

" Listen Khushi, you don't have to think about it now, there is time for all this, until then you study, we will see what happens some years down the line. We can fix some dates with Maanav, maybe you will grow to like him, who knows? And it's nothing like there are no other guys for my beautiful sister, we will see someone who is worthy of you, if you still will not like Maanav, although I don't like them too, but that is my personal matter, I won't let them come between you and him, if things work out between you two, I will be more than happy for you,because all other things are good. Talking about Rudra, love is not enough for a living, but if some years down the line he earns half a lakh or more, I will approve him for your happiness" my brother said.

" No Krish, (my brother) this is not the way things work, she will keep contact with Rudra and get serious with him, and I am not approving him in any case, I want her to stop going college, the more she goes, the more they will meet, also we should get her engaged to Maanav, marriage can be held later, the sooner the better" My Mom said.

" Engagement? Mom she's just 19, there's no rush, besides, it's only a month ago that we lost Dad, it's not a good time to held an engagement. And college is your decision, let her go or not. Even I know that you are right that she will get serious if she still keeps contact with Rudra, so that I leave to you" Bhaiya said.

" we can keep the engagement under wraps, no one will know it.." Mom said.

" Mom, I am doing no such thing. So please! " Bhaiya firmly stated.

It was strange, they were all discussing my life in front of me. The person I will be with, my studies, my future. I was glad that Bhaiya said he will approve Rudra. I completely understand his condition. Even I think Rudra should have a stable financial status before marriage. So that was reasonable. I was shocked about Mom's statement, that I should get engaged already. I mean that woman had left no patience! She was so afraid of losing the "opportunity" that she can do anything to get me married to Maanav. And I was filled with rage when she said, she will not let me go college. I mean that's ridiculous!! What will be my social life?? Absolutely nothing. She wanted me to be at home 24*7 and within few years marry Maanav. That was too much to expect.

" if you people won't let me go college, I won't continue studying at all, keep me tied at home then, because that's what you want! " I snapped angrily.

" I don't mind " my Mom said. I was so shocked. She didn't even cared about my career. I understand she is a mother and wants the best for me, but this was the heights!

" Khushi that's ridiculous! You can't leave your career for this stupid reason. You want to be independent. You want to earn. Remember?? Don't forget your aims in life because of some guy" Ridhima ( my sister in law) said.

Glad, atleast someone cared.

" if you go then, I am accompanying you everywhere, I don't trust you, you will surely try to meet him" my Mom said.

" Fine" was all I managed to say without losing my patience.

" And Khushi, I know this will be harsh, but even I want you to stop contacting Rudra, because, if you stay in touch, you guys will meet, and I will be frank with you, when you will meet, hormones will make you come closer, and I really don't want him to use you physically or you regretting anything later. There is time, if he loves you he will wait, and when the time comes and he is financially stable too, I will gladly support you both, that's my promise, mark my words " Bhaiya said.

Yes this sounded difficult, impossible even, but he was right, my bhaiya was always right, I don't get it how can someone be so immaculate. It was true, whenever we met, we kissed, or hugged, it will not be long for things to get heated. And that was really not good.

" yes Bhaiya, you are right, I will call him tonight and tell him that we need to stop talking. Tonight will be my last call. I promise" I said.

" that's my girl " he said and kissed my forehead. And with that all of them were out of my room. I dreaded. Tonight will be the last time I hear from him, for some years to go that is.