28

NOBODY

Melo was furious. The ONE night he chose to stay out after game day was the day Mariah decided she would run away. He didn't find out until Monday that she was missing because he'd spent the weekend with Ana after the game, and at six a.m Monday morning he gets a call from Borrego asking if he's seen Mariah.

Apparently Mari was supposed to meet the surgeon who would do her knee surgery down in Durham on Saturday but she never showed up. So her doctor called her Coach, coach called Sydney who called Terry, he called Sanchez. Sanchez called Borrego and Borrego called Melo.

It was all one big mess. Sydney drove all the way from Durham to look for Mari at her apartment. All she found was Mariah's broken phone as well as some clothes gone, like she had suddenly left.

The actual missing persons report didn't go out until Wednesday because they legally had to wait fourty eight hours before legal enforcement could do anything. But when they did, that's when things got serious.

An Amber Alert went out that night as well as a news story. Everyone in Charlotte was looking for her. Thursday, the police question people inside Mariah's circle. Starting with Melo. He had his alibi set that entire weekend so he was ruled out as a suspect. That same day, Dmo flew out to Charlotte and so did Lavar and Tina.

Friday, Melo gets annoyed that Mari isn't answering anyones messages or calls so he does the one thing he knows will bring attention.

Which leads us to his "praying for my babymomma's safe return 😞🙏🏽" story. You see, Melo had it all planned out from the moment he first saw her at Buffalo Wild Wings a month ago.

The two years he spent apart from her were some of the worst years in his life, and he never wanted to go through it again. So he came up with a four step plan.

Step 1; Get back into her life ✅
Step 2; Make her fall in love again ✅
Step 3; Have her think he's the only 1 for her ✅
Step 4; Get her pregnant and threaten to sue her if she gets an abortion without his consent

Now so far, everything had been going accordingly. He wasn't too sure if the last part was true or not yet but he knew it was bound to happen. Whenever she'd be asleep he'd look through her phone to see when she'd be ovulating. Melo knew it was weird and very stalkerish, but he didn't care. No one would ever believe her in court, he thought.

Now back to that story post. Not even ten minutes after he posted it, his phone was blowing up back to back with calls. Mainly from Ana, Jj, his brothers, and his dad. Ana and Lavar were the last two people he wanted to speak to, so he answered his brothers call.

He spent at least two or three hours on a Group FaceTime with Gelo and Zo who were practically yelling at him until he got the notification.

mari made a post

Over the phone, you could hear all three phones buzz at the notification. All three brothers went silent as they clicked on it. Reading the caption, Melo immediately got pissed.

Gelo- Everyone in North Carolina is looking for her and she out here making jokes?

Melo- On God, the fuck is wrong with her?

Lonzo- Hold up, Dmo wants to be added.

Melo- Ight.

Within not even thirty seconds, Zo added Dmo to the call and he started screaming at Melo.

Dmo- LAMELO LAFRANCE BALL. YOU BABY BACK, LIGHTSKINNED, POOL NOODLE, TRIACERATOP LOOKIN MOTHAFUCKER!!

Melo had to refrain from rolling his eyes at Dmo while he screamed nonsense at him.

Dmo- You got my niece pregnant?

Melo- Uh huh, and what are you gonna do about it old man?

He was tired and annoyed of all the questions that post caused.

Dmo- I'm gonna kill you, that's what.

The younger male scoffed. Yeah right, he thought. Dmo didn't even know what Melo was doing to Mariah, so how could he possibly do anything to him?

Melo- Yeah, okay Darren. Whatever you say.