Family Matters

Niall and I were waiting on my two other siblings and my father. Adam hadn’t said anything to me yet. I was terrified of what was going to happen. Normally I could read his face but now it was emotionless. There wasn’t a hint of anything.

                “Come in.” My brother said. Apparently there had been a knock on the door that I hadn’t heard. My brother, sister, and father all walked in. Skyler had a huge grin on her face, Blake was like Adam-not showing any emotion, and Dad, well he almost looked like he was going to shift any minute.

                “So is there anything you would like to say Austin?” Dad said. Yep he was pissed. He never called me Austin unless he was pissed.

                “I think I might be pregnant.” I said, not looking him in the eye but looking at the picture that was behind him.

                “I knew it!” Skyler said jumping up. I’m guessing she was happy to be an aunt.

                “Dad, what are we going to do about the battle?” Adam said; I didn’t think he was mad about me being pregnant but he was worried about fighting.

                “Well, Alyssa just came back from her trip. I’m sure she could take over for Aussie, who will watch in with her until we’re ready.” Dad said. Yes! He called me Aussie and not Austin. He was no longer pissed.

                “Yeah, we could do that. Let’s talk to her at breakfast. We will have a meeting with Simon and Cody after breakfast and we will talk to everyone else after we talk to them. Then we will start the training day after that.” Adam suggested.

                “Wait, I kinda wanna tell the boys before we tell everyone else. Is that ok?” Niall asked, looking around the room.

                “That sounds good to me. We can tell them at breakfast too.” Dad said.

                “Now let’s go! I’m starving.” I said, standing up from the loveseat I was sitting on.

                We all left the office and walked down to the kitchen. Louis, Alyssa, Liam, Emma, Harry, and Zayn were all sitting around the little island that was in the kitchen.

                “Hey, we have something to tell you!” I said and ran up to them. I was standing beside Alyssa who was standing beside Lou. Skyler walked up and stood beside Harry, who wrapped his arms around her. Liam and Emma were wrapped up in each other’s arms. Zayn was just standing there all lonely, I still felt really bad for him, surrounded by all these couples.

                “So Aussie might be pregnant.” Niall said, with a huge grin on his face. Everyone’s face turned to match Niall’s face. Alyssa gave me a huge hug.

                “Actually Niall, she is definitely pregnant. I can already smell her scent starting to change.” Adam said from behind me, walking in with Grace, who also had a gigantic grin on her face.

                “Well, then she is pregnant.” Niall corrected himself, still with a big grin.

                “THAT’S FANTASTIC!!!” Louis shouted really loud.

                “I’M GOING TO BE AN AUNT!”  Alyssa shouted as well, just a little louder than Louis.

                “Well I’m going to be an uncle!” Harry shouted.

                “I’M GOING TO BE A DADDY!” Niall shouted and started jumping then stopped, “I’m going to be a daddy.” He whispered.

                “Congratulations Aussie.” Liam said then walked over and hugged me. He then walked over to Niall, who was now in a comatose state, “You’re going to be a great father Niall.” He said and gave him a bro hug.

                “I’m happy for you Aussie.” Zayn said and hugged me tight and gave me a kiss on the cheek. I then got hugs and kisses from everyone else. They all told me congrats.

                “Alyssa, we are going to need you to do something.” Adam said, once everyone calmed down some.

                “What is it Addie?” She asked, using the nickname she gave him. She knows this annoys him but she still uses it.

                He ignores it, “We are going to need you to take Aussie’s place in training. She will still be there watching everyone but she won’t be able to do any of the sparing.”

                “Yeah, totes. I can do that.” She said, “Louis is staying with me too.” She said of her mate.

                “That is fine with me."

                “Alright, now it’s time to tell Uncle Simon.” I said, sighing deeply.

                “Tell me about what?” He asked, walking into the kitchen with Cody, who had his arm wrapped around Ashleigh.

                “Well Aussie isn’t going to be able to train anymore nor is she going to fight with us.” Dad said, grinning. I think he was happy he was going to be a papaw.

                “Why is that?” Cody asked.

                “I’m pregnant.”  I said, smiling.

                “Are you serious? You boys aren’t playing a trick on me right?” He asked, with a confused look.

                “No pranks Uncle Simon. I’m really pregnant.” I smiled again. A grin grew on his face as well.

                “I’m happy for you love.” He said, walking up and hugging me.

                “Congratulation,” Cody said, smiling at me.

                “Thank you,” I said, smiling back.

                “Congratulations Aussie.” Ashleigh said, actually being nice.

                “Thank you Ashleigh, I appreciate it.” I said. I was glad Cody changed her. She really needed an attitude change.

                “Alright, let’s go out and start training.” Dad said, breaking everyone up. We walked outside, Alyssa and Louis walking with me to our group. They all stood around talking waiting for us to start.

                “Alright, I have an announcement to make.” I said silencing all of them, “I will no longer be training you. Instead Alyssa will be taking my spot. I will be keeping watch though.”

                “Sorry but can we ask why she will be taking over?” Matthew asked.

                I looked up at Niall and smiled, “I’m pregnant.” I said simply. Tanner ran up to me and gave me a big hug.

                “Congrats Aussie!” He shouted, spinning me around, almost making my breakfast come back up.

                “Alright, alright, put the preggo girl down Tanner!” Alyssa said, making him stop spinning me around. He sat me back next to Niall and walked back to everyone, “Alright losers! Let’s get this show on the road.” Alyssa said.