Ch. 44 - Honey

Honey - Kehlani

"I like my girls just like I like my money, green, a little jealous."

--

Y/N's POV

The next day went by so damn slowly. I was still on a love high from last night and all I wanted to do was get back home to my girl.

She told me before we fell asleep last night that she was going home Wednesday evening, which was tomorrow. I was confident that my mental health was more solid than the last time we separated, but I still called Melanie to set up our appointments again for the following weeks. We decided that once a week should be good and we can adjust it if necessary.

I got done with my lesson with about ten minutes left in my fourth period class so I leaned back in my chair and texted Lizzie, just to check in on her.

Me: Hello, Lizzie baby.

I waited for her response and decided to check some emails. With softball season rapidly approaching, I had to order some last minute things and make sure everything was organized.

My phone vibrated on my desk and I quickly grabbed it, smiling at the phone as I saw the picture of Liz hugging my Gram and her name on the screen.

"Dammmmnnnn, what's got you lunging for your phone like that?" Bri asked out of nowhere.

"Okay, one, language. And, two, it's none of your business." I said chuckling. "What, do you guys just sit there and stare at me, watching my every move?"

"Pretty much," She said, shrugging.

"Weirdos" I mumbled back.

I looked back to my phone and read the message.

Liz: Hey, Y/N baby. Having a good day?

Me: It's going pretty well. Dragging on though. I just want to come home to you and cuddle.

Liz: Someone is sappy;) But I want that, too.

I giggled at the phone screen and typed my next reply.

Me: What have you been up to?

Liz: Nothing much. Responded to some emails, checked on my flight to make sure nothing has changed, studied my script. Same ole, same ole. About to make some lunch.

Me: Damn, my girl is a boss. And what are you going to make for lunch?

Liz: I was thinking... butter noodles?;)

I threw my head back and let out a huge laugh. Then, I realized where I was. I returned my attention back to the class and found all of them staring at me, trying to find the cause of my sudden outburst.

"Carry on!" I called out to them to which they chuckled and went back to their own conversations.

Bri looked at me quizzically and raised an eyebrow at me.

"Shut it," I said to her which made her laugh as she returned her attention back to her phone.

Me: Butter noodles?

Liz: Yep!

Me: Please send me a picture of that when you're done cooking.

About fifteen minutes later, I was eating my own lunch in my office when I received a text from Lizzie with an attachment.

She was leaning over a pot of butter noodles and raising a fork to her mouth, smiling goofily at the camera.

She was eating straight from the pot.