Ch. 43 - Hold You In My Arms

Hold You In My Arms - Ray LaMontagne

"I could hold you in my arms. I could hold you forever"

--

Y/N's POV

Lizzie started on dinner while I went into my bedroom and put on some comfy clothes. I was really excited for tonight. I don't know what she's planned, but she told me we were going somewhere after dinner.

It couldn't really be a specific place or anything like that. At least I don't think so because it's going to be fairly late once she gets done cooking, we eat, clean up and then go. But I'm excited none-the-less. I love surprises.

I had changed into some blue sweatshorts, a Fleetwood Mac t-shirt and threw on an oversized flannel on top because I always got cold. I put on a beanie too just because I felt like it and thought it looked cute.

As I was leaving my room, an idea popped into my mind and I smiled to myself, knowing Lizzie was going to love this.

I walked back into the living room and found Lizzie in her own little world moving around in my kitchen. She was wearing an apron she bought at the grocery store and it made my heart contract at how cute she looked. She was so focused on measuring different ingredients and chopping up various vegetables that she didn't even notice me walk in.

I grabbed my guitar and sat down on the couch, throwing the strap around my shoulders to keep it from getting in the way. I started to slowly strum the chords to Yellow by Coldplay. One of the only songs I knew how to play. I've learned a few more since I've known Lizzie, but this was a go-to. Not to mention a crowd pleaser.

As I strummed lightly, I glanced up to Lizzie and found her watching me intently with a soft smile on her face. I returned the smile and continued to play, now humming along to the melody.

About half-way through the song, I started to softly sing the lyrics, looking at Lizzie every now and then to try and see her reaction. She just stood there, still watching and stirring the cooking food every couple of minutes to make sure nothing burned.

"I swam across

I jumped across for you

Oh, what a thing to do

Cause you were all yellow

I drew a line

I drew a line for you

Oh, what a thing to do

And it was all yellow

Your skin, oh yeah, your skin and bones

Turn into something beautiful

And you know

For you, I'd bleed myself dry.

For you, I'd bleed myself dry."

I strummed the end of the song, set the instrument down beside me against the couch, and walked into the kitchen. I stood behind Lizzie as she was stirring the pan and wrapped my arms around her waist, placing a soft kiss on the side of her head.

She hummed in response and turned in my arms to return the hug, wrapping her arms around my neck and kissing my lips.

I smiled against her lips at the contact, prematurely breaking the kiss. I couldn't help it though, I was so damn happy at that moment.

"That was beautiful, baby." She whispered into the small space between us. "I love that song."

"Thank you. Me too."