CHAPTER 2

NEW MISSION

I leveled my right eye in the iris scanner of Daddy Lo's office door, and after the faint beep, the thick glass door parted open and I immediately stepped in. And I know that with that split second, I've been thoroughly scanned just like anyone else who entered here.

Once again, I was awed by the impressive state of the art interior of the office kahit maraming beses na akong nakapasok dito.

Kung ordinaryong tao lang ang papasok at titingin sa opisinang ito ay aakalaing isa lang itong tipikal at simpleng tanggapan na may mesa, couches, filing cabinet at bookshelves. But people from our circle who had been honored to enter here always have the same expression as mine.

Obviously, the owner loves white, kaya naman walang ibang makikitang kulay dito sa kabuuan ng opisina kundi puti, na siyang kinalakhan ko rin, kaya naman kahit ako ay naimpluwensyahan sa pagkakagusto sa kulay na ito. Symbol of purity he always says, but we all know that we are far from being one, especially when we are on a mission and set to do something unholy just to unearth the truth.

I scanned the office and tried to check if everything is still on its best function. I mentally counted on my steps as I forwarded towards his table and stomped my foot on a particular spot of the floor. I smiled when the floor opened and revealed three loaded hand guns and some explosives.

"Tsk, tsk, you still love to play huh?" I smiled fondly at Daddy Lo who's sitting comfortably on his white leather swivel chair as he swings it back and forth.

"Hmmm... I'm just checking if your haven still functions well."

"Ahuh, we have the best Tech guys, and of course I have you, so what do you expect?" I smiled proudly at him as I shrugged my shoulders. Hindi ko parin minsan mapaniwalaan na heto ako ngayon, instead of being an architect, I am now an IT specialist and the acting OIC of General's Detective and Security agency.

I stomped my foot again and the floor went back to its original form. Much as I want to expect the walls, ceiling and every corner, I know that Daddy Lo has something important to tell me for him to require my presence here in his office.

"Satisfied? Did my office past your inspection ma'am?" Pabirong aniya na sinagot ko lang ng pagnguso.

Daddy Lo's office can be leveled to a James Bond office because of its high technology amenities and deadly secrets hidden on every corner of it that will self-destruct and eliminate anyone who will enter here without the system's approval.

Actually, the whole house is heavily equipped and secured with a very tight security system that Daddy Lo takes pride of. As years forwarded and technology continued to progress, I see to it na nakakasabay kami especially when it comes to security.

I made a program that will automatically scan anyone who neared within one thousand radius of the house and detect for any deadly weapon he might be carrying in his body or vehicle, and if ever there's any, the system will send signal to the house and to the elite group of our agency who are always ready to aid anytime of the day.

There are no visible security men hovering around the house because I don't want to give the idea to my son that there's something we need to be careful about, but there are weapons hidden anywhere ready to aim and fire in just one click of a finger. And from time to time, I personally check the functionality and efficiency of our security system dahil ayokong maisahan ng aming mga kalaban, at lalo na ayokong may mangyaring masama sa aking pamilya, lalo na ng aking anak.

Kaya kahit paano kampante akong iwan dito sa bahay ang Lolo at Lola ko kasama ang aking anak at ilang mga piling tauhan habang nasa malalayong lugar ako upang gawin ang aking trabaho, at kahit anong oras ko gustuhin, I can check on them and their environment through our system.