Episode 10: Diamonds Are For Heather

~In the Man Cave~

"Emergency. Danger. Crisis. Peril. Doomsday. Calamity. Disaster. Catastrophe. Apocalypse."

Well, that's a nice greeting from the supercomputer's automated voice, for any panicking boy. It had been a peaceful evening for Henry, Charlotte, Jasper, (y/n), everyone really; nothing eventful had happened, the hours after school had dragged on with no worrying or life-threatening screw-ups so they'd all gone to bed for the night when the time came, content that they'd wake up the next day. After all, why should anything bad happen after such a calm shift in the Man Cave?

Well, that had been the plan. Just as they'd drifted off, following the sandman to wherever he may take them, they were all awoken by a terrible, shrill beep, (y/n) bolting upright in bed to see the bed cold and empty to the left of her, plus the emergency beacon illuminating the walls scarlet, and the teens getting a beep on their watch/phones that only meant that they had to get to the Man Cave as soon as possible because shit was going down.

So they did; upon seeing that her fiancé was gone, vanished, stolen or god knows what else, (y/n) had scrambled out of bed, yanked a blanket around her shoulders for "protection" and had bolted down the corridor, thinking that Ray had been abducted from their room and was being tortured or something.

They had definitely settled in for sleep, or least, he had been there when she did. Plus, he never left their headquarters without saying so, but the alarm made everything seem blurry, she couldn't think straight, not when the monitors were flashing and her hero was nowhere to be found.

Okay, no Schwoz, no Ray, Doomsday Protocol activated, what should she do?

Not a lot really, at least she didn't have to do any panicking alone. A few minutes into her pacing, muttering and slight heart attack, a tube dropped with a highly dishevelled Henry inside, the boy looking like he had run a marathon in his sleep as she cowered under her blanket at the sound of an intruder, but relaxed slightly when she recognised her friend.

Okay, not being alone was good, Henry wasn't dead, also good, someone who could help her figure out what was wrong, extremely good. This was fine, she was fine, or she would be fine if she kept twisting her engagement ring like it could switch off her worry.

"Ray?! (y/n)?! Where's Ray?! You okay? Oh my god!" Henry asked rapidly and breathlessly, immediately trotting down from his tube pad to put his hands on the woman's shoulders as she tried to keep her heart beating steadily. Okay, he was guessing that she couldn't answer the first question judging by how pale she was and how, like him, she was confused, nervous and ready for bed, only to have been shaken by the sudden emergency.

"I don't know! I woke up and he was gone and he never goes without telling me and he's not answering my texts and I can't think of where he could be and I won't lie, I'm freaking out!!" (y/n) panted as her mouth ran itself, voicing every anxiety she had at the stress of being roused and plonked in an unnerving situation, one where the man she loved more than anything was missing, leaving her void of leadership and concerned about what could've happened to him.