17.

*Drake's POV*

It took everything in me not to get up, walk out of this cafe, whoop his ass, and call him a literal piece of shit.

Myra left the cafe right after her, Blake and Micha came out.

Joe and Todd sent us all home, because after that they figured us working heavy machinery was not a good idea, for us or them.

But honestly, this is all hitting really close to home for me.

I feel so bad for Myra, but I actually really envy Layton.

A part of me wishes my dad wouldn't have left, but I don't want to say that because that means I wouldn't have Johnny or Taylor.

Another part of me wishes that he would've left when I was born so I wouldn't actually have to think about this as much.

We got home and I sat outside and every single thought ran through my head.

Wondering if my dad has ever tried to call, or see us since he left. Or if he even misses us.

I sat outside for maybe an hour and a half until Riken came out and sat in one of the other chairs.

"You alright?" He looked over at me.

I nodded.

"Is it hitting you too?" He sighed.

"Mike?" I looked over at him.

"Yeah." He nodded.

I nodded.

He leaned back and crossed his arms. "Do you want to talk about it?"

"We never talk about da-Mike." I pursed my lips.

"No, we don't." He shook his head. "But that doesn't mean we can't D."

I sighed. "Do you know if he's every tried to contact us?"

He sighed. "Not that I know of."

"Is it bad that I'm kind of jealous of Layton, or even Brady with his mom?" I looked down.

"No." He shook his head. "Because I feel the same way."

"Do you think he's ever tried to contact us, see us? Or if he even misses us?"

"I try not to think about that D." He shrugged. "I just feel like it would've been easier if we never knew him. I wish he would've left sooner, and I also wish he wouldn't have left. But if either of those happened, I wouldn't have the life I do now." He shook his head. "If he would've left when I was born, there would be no you. But if he never would've left, we wouldn't have dad or Taylor. But, if he would've left shortly after I was born, when mom got pregnant, we would've had everything we do now, but sooner. We wouldn't have had to wait for 4 years for someone like dad. We would look at Mitch as a brother instead of a father figure. We wouldn't have had to watch everything break. Our family, our lives, seeing mom break. It just wouldn't have been as complicated."

"I feel guilty thinking about him." I shook my head. "Like I'm disrespecting dad when I do."

"D you know he would never feel disrespected by you thinking about Mike." He sighed. "You thinking about different scenarios doesn't mean you love dad any less. I don't. But the only person who can really answer your questions, is mom." He nodded.

"I don't want to upset her, or hurt her."

"Drake." He shook his head. "Mom's grown with dad by her side. She knew there would come a time. You're 22 years old, it's about time you get some answers if you want them. But you can't get them if you don't if you don't ask."