1 Year Later.

*Layton's POV*

Puberty seriously blows.

I no longer fit in to my clothes from last year.

I have no clue if Ryan is tall, but Will is, and at 14 I'm pushing 6 foot.

Uncle J says I'm a lucky kid because I'm a tall, blonde-haired, blue-eyed freshman who plays 3 sports and rides a dirt bike and girls will be swooning.

But this voice cracking, skin care, feet constantly growing bull shit is for the birds.

We've finally gotten through the first week of school, I'm standing at my locker waiting for Bennet, Noah, and Andrew, and Riley is walking up to me.

Shit.

Shit shit shit.

"So, what are we doing tonight?" She smiled up at me. "Fort night, maybe go kick the ball around a little bit, or-"

"Ri, I'm sorry, I can't tonight." I shook my head.

"What, why?"

"I uh, I promised Hunter and Harley I'd hang out with them tonight. Just us." I nodded.

"Well aren't you the best big brother." She reached up and ruffled my hair. "Call me later then."

"You know it." I held my handout.

We did our little handshake and she wandered back down the hall.

"Where's she going?" Bennet wrapped his arm around my neck and put me in a head lock.

"Who knows. She has plans." I shoved him off me.

"She's not coming tonight?" Noah raised his eyebrows.

"Why do you care?" I shook my head.

"Because she adds beauty to game night. Riley's hot." He laughed.

"Well she's better than hanging out with all you fugly assholes." I nodded. "Just us guys tonight."

Andy pursed his lips. "Your mom home?" He smiled.

"You know what, leave my mom alone. Hunter's been on one lately and if he hears you hit on my mom I'm not saving you."

"Hunter is 10." He nodded.

"Yeah, and he hangs out with my uncle Nate way to much." I closed my locker and headed out of the school.

"Hey, how's Amaya by the way?" Bennet cleared his throat.

I stopped dead center in the middle of parking lot traffic and turned around. "Is that all you guys ever think about, girls?"

Andy looked between Noah and Bennet. "Yeah. We're dudes."

I rolled my eyes and kept walking.

"Seriously." Bennet put his arm around my shoulders. "How is she?"

"Dude, she's a grade above us, go ask her."

"It's Amaya Thompson." He nodded.

"She's fine. Dude are you ever going to get over her?"

"No." He groaned.

"Then ask her on a date." Andy laughed.

"Come on assholes!" Noah's brother Joey yelled from his car. "Speed it up!"

We all ran, but when we got to the car, Amaya was actually in his front seat.

Andy and Bennet got in the back, and Noah and I rode in the side saddle seats.

"Hey." I leaned forward and kissed her cheek.