56.

*Drake's POV*

Here I am, walking into the office on this beautiful Monday morning, with no intentions of actually working today.

Remember how I told Mitch and Nate that I had some conversations to have.

This is one of them.

Layton is spending the day at the mall of America with Mitch, Keelie, and Rylah.

Myra, has forced Lacey to work from home until after the wedding, which, we all agreed because she's turning in to a crazy person.

After the ride home from North Carolina from getting their stuff, Micha and Black have the day off.

And me, I am currently knocking on Todd's door.

"It's open!" He yelled.

I slid the door open and peeked my head in. "Hey, can I talk to you in Joes office really quick?"

"Everything OK?" He raised his eyebrows.

"Oh yeah, everything is fine." I nodded.

He got up, followed me down to Joes office, and I knocked.

"Come in!" He yelled.

Todd and I made our way in, and he just looked at both of us.

"Yes?" He scrunched his face.

"I was wondering if I could talk to the two of you really quick?" I pursed my lips.

"Uh. Sure?" Todd sat down in one of the chairs in front of the desk and turned to look at me.

I took a deep breath. "First things first, I was wondering if I could have the day off today?"

"Is everything alright?" Joe raised his eyebrows.

"Yeah. Everything is fine, just, I have a lot of conversations to have today, and this one is my first on the long list." I nodded.

"Well, you have the floor Mr Adams." He motioned in front of him.

"For as long as I've known Myra Rumford, I learned 3 things really quick." I folded my hands. "1. She can hit, very very hard."

Todd choked back a laugh.

"2. No one is ever going to be more important to her than her family."

"This is true." Joe nodded.

"And 3. You two, are her dads too. Not just Bruce."

"Also true." Todd crossed his arms.

"Which is why, I feel the need to ask you two a question."

They both let out a small smile. "Yes." They nodded.

"You don't even know what I was going to ask." I shook my head.

"Yes, we do." Todd's smile grew.

"Drake, we knew the minute you told us you wanted to take the job." Joe smiled.

"Neither of you think it's too soon?" I looked at them both.

"Drake, it's been 6 years. There's a reason that girl was only with the one dude, the one time. Where you going to do it?"

"I've got to ask people how they feel first." I laughed. "I haven't thought about it."

And with that, a whole new conversation ensued.

And here I am, driving up to the overlook you can see from the cabin.

Y'all know how much I love this overlook?