#4 Trying to be Miss Perfect

WELCOME BACK SIDNEETIANS!!
CHAPTER:4
💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕

*AK's POV*

My little sister Krupa Kaur and I walked from our school bus to our house after an hour-long journey...
.
Kru: How was your first day?

AK: Hated it as usual...

Kru: Why? You got your section changed as you wanted it to be... You are with your friends now, right?

AK: I don't think I have friends anymore, Kru...

Kru: Why? Ashi di, Jannat di, Reem di, Ashnoor di?

AK: shh, walk fast I have to be at a dance class in 15 minutes, I will be late...
.
And she quietly followed me till our home, which was honestly a hard task for her... She is very talkative... I don't know if I should share it this soon or not but I kinda want to be my sister... No, I don't want to be with her, I want to be her... She is very pretty and very easy to get along with... She is smarter and better... My parents love her, not that they don't love me but you know parents usually love the younger one more... I wish I was her; I wish I could make friends as easily as her, I wish I could be in my previous school... Also, I wish that Sunny wouldn't have behaved with me the way he did... It is hard to say now, but I always had more guy friends than girls... I am somehow more comfortable with boys, maybe because they do not have that Jealousy factor and they don't judge me... Here, he is or was my only guy friend and I liked talking to him and spending time with him but now- phew... Anyways, I reached home and my mother and grandmother asked me how my day went and I put on the best fake smile I could and said that it was good... Sometimes, I wonder if people want to know things like- how are you or how your day went, or do they just wanna hear that it went well and that I am good?
.
AK's mom: Neet, get changed and have food... It is almost time for your dance class...

AK: Okay mumma...
.
And with that I went to my room and quickly got changed, then I had some fruit before cycling to my dance class... Yes, I rode a bicycle... In the city where I live, kids from the age of 12 know how to ride an activa and that is why it is a little odd for a 14-year-old to not know and travel by bicycle... My parents don't trust me with activa plus I don't mind cycling... So, it is not a big deal... Especially when I am going to dance class... Dancing is something I genuinely like, if I get asked about the happiest hour of my day, it would be the time I am in dance class... Mainly because I like portraying a character... I like feeling different from how I usually feel... I like becoming what the song wants me to become... I like to dance as a confident, fun girl... I like to put another mask on my face... After, this amazing dancing session I go back to my house... I don't go for any academic coaching, instead, I go to a wushu class... Wushu is a form of martial arts just like karate, taekwondo, judo, etc... Not saying that I don't like it there, I do but I somedays feel too drained to run 2 kilometers before the actual training starts... With my school, dance class, studies it kind of gets exhausting... But I wouldn't drop it for the world... I like the way it makes me feel so powerful, I like the strength it gives me... You all would have assumed by now that I like too many things, I do too many things... I am decent at studies, I have known few instruments, I dance, I like to draw, I know martial arts and I play basketball... My parents want me to be the best at everything like they don't settle for less and neither do I like to... Being the oldest kid in the family, I am expected to be perfect... I have people expecting me to make them proud... Maybe that is the reason that even if my 9th just started, my parents already have decided what stream I will take in 11, what school I will study in, which college I would apply to, which career I would pursue, what would I be; even if all I want to do is live as far as possible from them... I want to move to a big city and live the aesthetic life you see on Instagram... Anyways enough blabbering for a day, I have a long day ahead and I will be getting going, see you next morning when I get ready for school...

-The next morning-

After a hot, not-so-long shower (it's a school day), I want in front of the huge mirror in the dressing room... I dried myself and applied lotion before looking at my naked self... I hate every bit of what I am seeing... I have a short girl and I have uneven, tanned skin tone and I have fat deposited at wrong places... I brushed away this thought before covering myself with the school uniform... Then I combed my hair... My hair would be the only thing, I like about myself... I like keeping them open, they make me feel confident but unfortunately, I have to tie them... I tied them into the highest ponytail I could make and smiled mischief remembering Miss Gulfham's words... She asked me to make a plait but I am a rebel so, I won't... After wearing my ankle socks and black shoes, putting on face cream and lip balm, packing my school bag, and meeting my family I walked to my school bus along with my sister... Not knowing what was coming next for me, not knowing that this day my life is going to change... My dirty little secret, a secret which was not very little after all, was going to be revealed... Changing and turning my life upside down...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

EOC

How was the chapter?

Finally, her POV

I know it was a little different from what you might have expected... It wasn't really about her real personality but her real-life...

If you came here on this story expecting that it will be all fun then now you know you are wrong... I will talk about important issues... I will mention family pressure, academic stress, body image issues, identity crisis, peer pressure, teenage health problems, mental health, etc.

Again, I would like your take on them and the problems you face... Feel free to DM me if you want it confidential...

Okay bye