#11 Games Period (1)

Welcome back sidneetians!!
Chapter:11
💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕

*Author's POV*

It was the next day and if you think that the main highlight of the day was Siddharth and Arishfa's conversation then you are wrong (coz that never happened) ... The main highlight was a not so friendly basketball match between the students of class 9 A... Yes, it was supposed to be a normal practice/fun match played during the games period but nothing is casual when it comes to basketball, at least not for their class... 

-Games Period-

Mr. Arsh: Let's start with 2 laps of the football ground, shall we?
.
And he blows the whistle and students started to jog because who wants to run in a games period, they are here for basketball and running laps are more like a punishment... Fun fact- Avneet starts her wushu practice with 6 rounds of a 400 m ground so 2 laps of 400 m were just a piece of cake for her... She jogged at her usual speed, which is not too much but her stamina makes her faster than other people... This was a thing hated by her classmates, she makes it look so easy and that sir scolds' others for lagging or panting hard after the run... Siddharth saw her crossing her and he cannot help but look for Arishfa, she was running very slowly and was way behind, chatting with her friends... He bites his bottom lip and ran faster leaving his group behind when he noticed that Jai is the fastest and a boy named Raghav the second fastest and then there was his brother Faisu and then Avneet and then he... He ran faster and reached Avneet, he gave her an egoistic look and crossed her, which hurt Ak's ego... Seeing this even she paced up and came to her running speed... She easily crossed Sid and was almost near Faisu, Faisu noticed that and slowed to run beside her... 
.
Faisu: I hate Arsh for making us do this...

Avni: I like to run...

Faisu: And you still wonder why people think you are weird?

Avni: Don't lie, you like to run too...

Faisu: I do actually...

Avni: Like you like Jannat...
.
And this made him stop, taking advantage of which Avneet ran in her full speed and now she was 3rd... Faisu cursed under his breath realizing that he has been tricked...
.
Arsh: *blows whistle* You are not in a park for a walk, run faster or I will increase a lap...
.
This frightened the students as they know Mr. Arsh too well and are aware of his psychopathic nature... After the run, students made a line facing the basketball court... It was their first games period so the sir was way too motivated and wanted them to have a proper match, which him being a proper referee... He called two girls and they came and stood, beside him (him being in the middle) facing the rest of their class... 
.
Arsh: Avneet, Vaishnavi, I want you guys to choose 4 members each... We will play properly... I will be switching people from inside to court to the one sitting outside in between the game... Don't worry everybody will get a chance... So, girls choose and I want at least 1 more girl in the team...

Vaish: Should I go first?

Arsh: Yes...

Vaish: Vishal ...

AK: Jai...

Vaish: Randeep...

AK: Raghav...

Vishal (whispers): Take Faisal...

Vaish: shh... Bhavesh...

Randeep (whispers): Bro, we needed Faisu...

AK: Faisal...

Jai (whispers): Dream Team...

Vaish: Arishfa...

AK: Reem...

Arsh: Reem, you are in this section?

Reem: Yes, sir...

Arsh: You are not going to be in her team...

AK: Why sir?

Arsh: Choose one, Jai or Reem...

Reem (whispers): Leave it, bro, take Sam...

Jai: Riyaz, will be playing at my place...
.
And Jai went and stood in the line... Riyaz looked at him with a sad expression before joining AK's team... Jai was so done by this behaviour of teachers, especially for the fact that it is always Reem and never him... This time he had a choice and he choose her over him... 
.
Arsh: Discuss your positions and Avneet's team will start... 
.
And both their teams made separate circles...

(Refer to the guide above)

AK: Okay, I am point guard, Reem you the small forward, Riyaz you the shooting guard, Faisu- power pointer and Raghav- center... Okay?

Faisu: Cool... 

Vaish: Ari- point guard, Vishal- center, Randeep- power pointer and Bhavesh- shooting guard...

Bhavi: I would like to be the power pointer...

Randeep: Oye, don't get too comfortable, be grateful that you are in the top 5...

Bhavi: You know that I play right, I am in the cricket team...

Ari: This is not cricket... 

Arsh (shouts): Do you guys need the whole day? 

Vaish: Guys, position...
.
And they took their position while from AK's team Raghav, Faisu and Reem guarded their respective man... Riyaz passed the ball to AK from outside and ran to guard his man, while AK calmly walked to the other side of the court, dribbling... In front was her least favourite person Arishfa and she was very happy to play against her... Arishfa was guarding AK, trying to stop her from passing it to someone, along with trying to take the ball from her... Arishfa was indeed a good player but she lacked technique and practice, so, it wasn't very difficult for AK to fool her...
.
Riyaz: AK... 
.
He asked for the ball and she nodded at him making Arishfa alert... As AK was going to pass the ball to Riyaz, Arishfa blocked her thinking that she will get the ball instead but to her action, AK showed the ball to her face and passed the ball to Raghav instead who then earned a basket... 
.
Arsh: *blows whistle* Good one Avneet...
.
He complimented making AK smirk at Arishfa who rolled her eyes in return... And the game continued... Vaish's team was losing, it was 0-6, so, sir choose to switch...
.
Arsh: Okay new boys, come in the game... Siddharth with Bhavesh, Dev with Riyaz...

Vaish: Sir, can we get Jai instead?

Arsh: Let the new boy show what he got...

Vaish: Sir, he took swimming... 

Arsh: And Jai has football, so, don't argue...

Faisu: She doesn't know what she is saying...

AK: She does bro... He cannot be better than Jai...

Faisu: Oh, you don't know him yet...

AK: Let's see what he has got then, shall we?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
EOC

How was the chapter?

I am assuming that all of you have played basketball at least once in your life or at least have watched it and know the basics... If not then tell me, I will find an alternative...

Also, the names of the position above are different than what we used to call them in school but I couldn't find that same sheet anywhere... So, tell me what do you call the positions in your school? Is it the same as the chart given above...?

Also, were you into sports?

I was-

Okay chalo byeee