Eight

After dinner I helped mum with the dishes. "Grace. I was thinking maybe we should get the pull out bed for Tom" Mum said. "He can just sleep in my bed with me." I said. "I'm not very comfortable with you two sleeping in the same bed."

"Mum. It's just a bed. Besides it's not like anything is gonna happen. Were jut friends. And he wouldn't be comfortable on the pull out." I finished up with the dishes and went upstairs. Tom was sitting on the bed reading a book. "You love taking my books don't you?" He closed it. "You were downstairs and I got bored." I closed the door. "Didn't you mother say she wants the door open?"

"I don't sleep with my door open. It's weird to me. And besides she's already expressed she doesn't like the fact were sleeping in the same bed but I shut that conversation down quickly." I said walking over to my dresser and grabbing some clothes to change into. "I can always sleep on the couch or something if it's a problem." He said. "It's not a problem. Mum is just being her usual self. And she needs to get over it.  Were friends. It's not like us sleeping in the same bed is gonna lead to something more." I closed the drawer. "I'm gonna go change. I'll be right back." He nodded and I walked to the bathroom to change. 

⋅•⋅⊰ Tom's POV ⊱⋅•⋅

"Friends." I mumbled as she walked out. She never brought up the almost kiss earlier. You're reading to much into this. It couldn't have meant nothing to her. Could it? "Tom?" I snapped back to reality. "Yeah?" 

"You look like you've seen a ghost. And that would be an understatement cause we see ghosts all the time at Hogwarts. Is everything okay?" Grace asked. "Yeah I'm fine." She didn't ask anymore question and I'm glad. What would I have told her. 'Oh yeah so I was just thinking about how our almost kiss didn't happen but I can't get it out of my fucking head.' She would think I'm insane. "I'm gonna go get some fresh air." I said. "Tom it's dark. It's nine o'clock at night. And it's winter." She replied. "I'll grab a coat." It's nice that she cared. "I'll go with you."

"No." I said that to fast I practically almost yelled it. "You ready for bed and you look tired. I'll be fine by myself. Get some sleep. Don't wait up for me." I walked out before she could say anything.

I didn't mean to make it seem like I didn't want her company. Hell I wanted to do a lot of fucking things with that girl. Fucking being one of them. Shit. What has she done to me? I didn't grab a coat I lied to her but the cold never bothered me so I was fine. I found this little stream and walked over to it. 

I don't know how long I was there for but when I got back Grace was passed out on the bed. Everyone was asleep so it must have been late. I changed and climbed into bed next to her being careful not to wake her up. 

She looked so peaceful. I pushed a piece of hair out of her face before I laid down and went to sleep.