Dragons Race to The Edge: Episode 13

The Next Big Sting

[panting]

Tuffnut: Oh, my back.

Astrid: Okay Hiccup, you dragged us all the way up here.

Tuffnut: Now what is it you have to show us? It better involve food or destruction. Or a combination of the two.

Hiccup: I bet you're wondering why I brought you here today. And the answer is, to show you my latest invention. Presenting the Dragonfly One. Huh? Huh?

[Chicken clucks softly]

Tuffnut: The chicken is not amused.

[Chicken clucks again]

Snotlout: What is it?

Hiccup: It's a flight suit. Don't all applaud at once.

Bodil: That's cool and slightly unnecessary.

Fishlegs: Hiccup, I don't need to remind you that we already have flying dragons. Why would we ever need a flight suit?

Hiccup: Well, what if we were to get separated from our dragons mid-flight? We might need to solo fly until we catch up with them again.

Snotlout: When this doesn't work, and it clearly will not, can I have Toothless?

Hiccup: Oh, for Thor's sake.

[Toothless growls]

Bodil: Wait wait wait what are you planning on doing here?

Hiccup: Jumping. Unless someone has a better idea.

Bodil: Oh my thor.

Astrid: [sighs] Boys!

Hiccup: Guys, relax! Feel that updraft? That's why I chose this place. It'll pick up my wings and I'll be floating on a bed of air. [Opens Dragonfly One, and notices one wing didn't open completely. He grunts and chuckles awkwardly as he tries to open it.]

Snotlout: Or crashing on a bed of rock.

Hiccup: [growls] Okay, everyone. Dragonfly One, maiden flight. [Hiccup jumps, and then screams as he begins to fall]

Bodil: Hiccup!

Tuffnut: I don't know about you guys, but I was under the impression that a flight suit was supposed to fly.

Ruffnut: Yeah, that looks more like a plummet suit. [chuckles] Do it again.

Hiccup: Okay, so I made a few tweaks. Now behold some serious flying. Yeah, baby! [laughs] [Screams as he begins to fall]

[thudding]

[splash]

Hiccup: This time, I absolutely know where I went wrong. You see, it's all in the timing. I just judged the updrafts wrong. I assure you, I definitely have it now. Wait, Toothless. Don't worry, bud. I've got this under control. See? There it is. Okay, now! Come on! [Screams as he begins to fall, but wings catch the air and he flies] Whoa! Wait! I'm flying? I'm flying! Woo-hoo! [laughing] Excellent!

Snotlout: I cannot believe that hunk of junk actually worked.

Astrid: It's very surprising.

Hiccup: Okay, right turn. [gasps] Okay, well, I might have to work on the steering a little bit. Toothless!

Fishlegs: [gasping] Oh, Thor! Oh, Thor!