Episode 3: Chain of Command

Hiccup: Huh? [sighs]

Snotlout: So, you wouldn't let me take the Dragon Eye Lenses to Defenders of the Wing Island because?

Hiccup: [sighs] Bodil, Astrid, Fishlegs, and the twins are setting up the summit meeting at Defenders of the Wing Island, while you and I -

Snotlout: Go pick up Atali, fill her in on Johann and take her there.

Hiccup: Exactly.

Snotlout: But why didn't I go set up the summit meeting? I mean, you haven't been able to be apart from Bodil for more than three days since you two got together. She could be on escort duty.

Hiccup: Because I don't trust anyone as much as I trust Bodil with handling our allies.

Snotlout: Well what about Astrid? She's super defensive and aggressive. Why couldn't she have helped you secure Atali?

Hiccup: Snotlout, what difference does it make?

Snotlout: I just like to know where I stand.

Hiccup: I need you here with me, okay, Snotlout?

Snotlout: Oh, I get it now. You need me and my skills, because the Wingmaidens, they love me. Do I have this right?

Hiccup: Yes, Snotlout. You could not be more right.

Snotlout: [Snotlout laughs] Oh, I love being right.

[Hiccup and Snotlout fly towards Wingmaiden Island, seen in the distance]

[Scene changes to show Hiccup and Atali (pacing back and forth having learned about Johann) while Minden and Nadia stand behind]

Atali: Trader Johann? I assume you did not see that one coming.

Snotlout: You also like being right.

Atali: He is a threat of most serious proportions, not only to you, the Berserkers and Defenders of the Wing, but to us, Wingmaidens, and our sacred mission.

Hiccup: Which is why we need you at this summit meeting.

Atali: Minden.

Minden: I'll prepare to accompany you on the journey, Atali.

Atali: Actually, Nadia will join me. She has the diplomatic skills necessary.

Minden: But, Atali, I can be extremely effective.

Atali: I have no doubts, Minden. However, I need you here. Wingmaiden Island must be defended.

Minden: Yes, of course, but, Atali, I can do this!

Atali: Minden, please. I have made my decision. Begin with fortification on the east side of the island. [Minden groans in defeat ] We are at our highest alert level.

Snotlout: Passed over for the skinny blonde? Been there.

[Minden flies away]

Hiccup: [Hiccup gestures for Snotlout to follow her] Huh?

Snotlout: Oh, my Thor.

[Snotlout gets on Hookfang and follows suit]

Atali: Hiccup, you and your dragon should rest while I prepare for the journey ahead.

[Scene changes to show Dagur and Mala sitting on one side and Fishlegs, Astrid, and the Twins on the other side of the table having a meeting]

Bodil: Once Hiccup arrives with Atali, we've got to figure out a strategy to deal with the Flyers and now, Johann. Until then, we have to find a safe place to keep the Dragon Eye Lenses.