Chapter 39

~ The prom night ~

When I'm finished showering I dry my hair and curl the bottom. I put on my beautiful red dress and my red heels underneath.

 I put on my beautiful red dress and my red heels underneath

I put a red lipstick on my lips and look at the time. 9:38 PM, Samuel picks me up at a quarter to ten and the party itself started at 9 PM.

I walk downstairs and my mother is just walking out of the kitchen.

'My girl is growing up' she says in Spanish as she wipes a fake tear. 'You look beautiful baby' she says in Spanish and gives me a kiss.

Cameron also walks into the hallway 'and you claim you don't have a boyfriend?' he says with a raised eyebrow.

I laugh and immediately my mother says 'I think she has a relationship with Samuel' she says in English.

'I don't have anything with him, we're just friends' I say.

They both nod and at the same time say 'of course.' So, we know who Cameron most resembles, my mother.

Levi comes down the stairs and adjusts his tie. I whistle and he laughs.

'Who are you going to the prom with?' my brother asks.

'You probably don't know her, her name is Alexia'

'Alexia? That cheerleader?' I ask.

He nods, I think she's a nice girl, never talked to her. She is beautiful in any case, she has green eyes with freckles and long brown hair. I think she's from Brazil.

We talk some more until I see that it is already ten o'clock, where is Samuel now? Levi has already gone with Alexia. He asked if I wanted to join, I said no, I'm not going to ruin their moment.

Cameron already left me too, he went upstairs half an hour ago and he hasn't come back.

'Get up' Cameron says.

'Why?' I ask and look at him. He's in a suit and has his hair done?

'I'm taking you to prom' he says and walks to the door.

'Don't you have something to do at ten thirty at night?' I ask.

'Yeah, I'm going to a prom with my little sister because her date let her down' he says.

I smile and follow him to his car. I have the best brothers in the world. When we are in his car we drive to the location.

We get out and I hook my arm into Cameron's. I stop before we walk in.

'Cameron are you sure about this?' I ask and look at him.

'Sure, I'll do anything for you, you know that'

I smile gratefully at him and we walk in. The teachers smile at us and we walk into the hall, everyone is dancing. A Queen and King are also being chosen in the meantime. Cameron and I both vote for Levi and Alexia of course.

We grab a drink and join Lucia, Caleb, Aiden and Sarah.

'Bella! You look beautiful!' Sarah says and gives me a hug.

I hug her back and she whispers 'why did you come with your handsome brother?'

I smile and say 'your nice brother let me down'

'Really? I thought he was going to pick you up, he was in his suit when he left home, have you called him yet?'

'Already about twenty times, he just didn't answer' I say without trying to show my pain. I'm slowly letting him in my life, letting my guard down and

'What an idiot' she says.

We go back to the standing table and talk with everyone. Just to be clear, Aiden and Sarah didn't get together, they just came without a date. A lot of guys had asked Sarah, but she kept turning them down, I don't know why either.

The music turns off and the school director walks onto the stage. 'As you know, a King and Queen will be selected, I have an envelope in my hands with the result in it' he says and clears his throat, he opens the envelope. This year's prom King and Queen are!

'Samuel Davis and Ashley Wilson! Would you like to come on stage?'

Cameron holds my hand and squeezes it. Ashley happily walks on stage and gets a crown on her head. Someone grabs my left hand and squeezes it too, I look to my left and see Samuel standing, huh?

'Shouldn't you go on stage?' I ask with a raised eyebrow and remove my hand from his.

'Bella listen, I know you're mad because I didn't come, but your father called me when I was almost at your house, there was something to be done and no one else wanted to do it.'

Cameron squeezes my right hand and I look at him. 'He's right, dad called me too, but I said I didn't feel like it right now, but I'm going, have a nice evening' he says with a smile.

He hugs me and I hug him back, he walks out of the room and I turn back to Samuel, who is no longer there, because everyone is pushing him onto the stage.

I can't contain my laughter and smile softly. Sarah comes and stands next to me and says 'he came anyway'

With a smile I nod and look at Samuel who is on stage. I'm all the way in the back, but he still catches my eye, he winks at me, I feel my cheeks turn red, luckily no one sees it through the light.

Samuel gets a crown on his head, the tradition is that the prom Queen and King dance together, but I see Samuel nodding no to Ashley and the director the whole time. The director says something to Samuel, but he ignores him and walks off stage, before I know it he is standing in front of me.

I smile at him and he smiles back. 'Can I take this dance?' he asks nonchalantly and extends his hand. I smile, nod and take his hand.

We go somewhere on the dance floor, he puts his crown on my head and smiles, he wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me closer to him. I wrap my arms around his neck and we dance a little.

'Did I tell you how gorgeous you look?' he asks.

'No, not really' I say with a naughty smile.

He smiles and says 'well you look beautiful'

'Thank you' I say smiling. 'You look hansome' I say.

Men in suits are really bae.

This is probably the best night that I had in years.

__________

1098 words