Chapter 9 - Mr. Surprise

It's been 8 months since our Miami trip. Andy Beckman got away. I still don't know how, that's what eats at me everyday since. So the team and I have been training and preparing for his return. Also 4 more wealthy communities were attacked, we're 100% sure it was Andy. Cyrus's technology and my mind sweeping ability can't find this guy. I believe his ability has enhanced and he can now shield his mind. I've scanned for months and it's as if he's invisible. If that's the case, then we won't see him coming, and that could be the worst case scenario.

Since we've gotten back the school has progressed. More students and teachers with abilities we never thought imaginable. Tommy Grander has progressed tremendously. His ability was transforming into water. As of now, he can imitate any form of liquid.

Cyrus's girlfriend Emily volunteered to be the students psychologist until we can find someone we can truly trust. It's been working out fine so far, students seem drawn to her for some reason.

Also 15 more students have joined our school. Three of them became part of the team and also teachers. Cole Barren, 26 years old, his ability is invisibility. It's quite amazing. Whatever he wears or touches goes invisible too. Cole comes in handy during missions when stealth is key. Cherish Debrov, 30 years old, she has telekinesis powers like Amy Falconer but way more advance. She has full control and it's incredible. She can levitate multiple items at once. With more practice I think her ability can be one of the strongest. Dank Simon, 28 years old, his ability is absorbing others abilities just by being close enough to them. With our intense training sessions, he's able to absorb and control two abilities at once. Sometimes using them both at once.

Casey had been doing some serious training since we lost Andy. He's been keeping to himself and started meditating. I find him in his room sitting on the bed stiff as a board.

"Casey, what you are doing?" I ask as I walk over in front of him.

"I've figured out a way to control my power." He says calmly. "Also I've talked to Tyler, we agreed I'll be doing private sessions with him all week." Casey confesses.

"Why are you going to teach Tyler?" I ask confused.

"I went to the future Ayden." He says voice trembling.

"And what exactly did you see? And how far into the future did you go?" I ask nervously.

"One year from today. Tyler couldn't control his ability, he was infected with something. He overloaded, and destroyed the entire school." He says almost in tears.

"What happen with the students and us?" I demand.

"Dead." Casey says flatly. "All except you Ayden." He spills out.

I ask Casey if it was okay if I see his memory of the future. He agrees and I place my hands on his head. Suddenly, I'm seeing what Casey encountered one year from today. I can see everyone trapped inside the school, and I hear the screams of everyone inside. Next, the school explodes. Surprisingly, rubble moves and I arise and start healing! This means I develop a new ability. So how many do or will I have, when I was in Andy's dream I had telekinesis.

"We have to make sure this doesn't happen Casey." I say letting go of his head.

"Also make sure he doesn't become infected with whatever it was we seen." Casey says wiping sweat from his forehead.

"For now we keep this to ourselves, we don't want to scare anyone." I whisper. "Do you think this meditation will help him?" I ask concerned.

"I really do Ayden. Its helped me tremendously, a couple months ago I couldn't time travel a month through time without the stone." He says calmly.