Chapter 15 - Meeting Dominic

As I'm waiting for my brothers arrival I can't help but be nervous. How is it going to be meeting him for the first time? What abilities will he have? Will our personalities be similar? All these questions are racing through my head.

While I wait, I decide to check in with the teachers and students at the academy to see how everything is going. We now have about 350 students and continue to grow every week. Now with Axis, Cyrus will be able to update his system that tracks prodigious ones. Seeing that the staff and students are doing great, I wait in the main office and scan minds throughout the city trying to find my brother. He should sound like me, only with an accent since he grew up in London. I pinpoint Dominics location and he's about 10 minutes away. Within a split second he's at the front door ringing the doorbell to the academy. Is one of his abilities time travel? I speed to the door and open it to a mirror image of myself.

"You must be Dominic, I'm your brother Ayden." I say reaching out to shake his hand.

"Nice to finally meet you, it's exactly how I dreamed it!" Dominic mumbles reaching in for the handshake.

When we shake hands this intense energy runs through our bodies.

"Did you feel that, that energy?" I say quickly taking my hand back.

"I did and let me tell you, the power felt incredible." He says with a wide grin on his face.

"Come on in, let me get you set up in a room and show you around." I say grabbing one of his suit case's.

"It's not necessary big brother, I already know which room I'll be in." Dominic announces walking in the direction I was about to go.

"I meant to ask you, how did you get here so quick? Also, what do you mean you dreamt this already?" I ask very intrigued to learn his abilities.

"I knew you would ask. I have instant transmission, I like to call it jumping. I can't go very far, only a couple blocks, first time I jumped I woke up in a dumpster a block away from home." Dominic says laughing and scratching his head.

"No way man! I would of been scared shitless, my first experience wasn't that bad." I admit stopping in front of his room.

"What was your first ability, if you don't mind me asking?" He says as he instantly disappears then reappears on the bed.

"Damn! That's fucking awesome Dominic. My first ability wasn't as cool as yours, it was mind reading. It was a year ago from today actually, happy birthday by the way little brother." I say as I speed to the refrigerator grab two beers and race back in front of Dominics door.

"What the hell was that? You were just a blur, then you were back." Dominic says astonished.

"That's my second ability, super speed. The mind reading though, I woke up to hearing my now girlfriend, Amber thinking about how much she had a crush on me. At the time she was just my neighbor and friend."

"That had to be weird I bet. It all worked out for the best though, since your together now." Dominic says with compassion in his voice.

"Never thought about it like that, your right. Tell me about the dream ability, we ran across a guy who was a dream invader, making people kill themselves. He's still out there somewhere.." I say walking towards Dominic and closing the door behind me.

"You really wanna talk about the prophecies, I remember this part of the dream. We'll talk about later, for now it's time for the tour. Things are going to be getting hectic in a couple months, we all have a lot of training to do, especially me." He confesses eager to get things started.

I first show him around the academy, letting him meet all the teachers. He'll be training with the team, but also attending classes as well. Just because he can dream the future doesn't mean he knows what he's doing out in the field.

We make our way to the control room, Cyrus is on the computer while talking with the team currently on a mission. He slowly turns around and catches a glimpse of my brother and I.

"Ayden, I don't know which one you are? I can't remember what you were wearing earlier." Cyrus says with his jaw dropped.

"Now this room looks different from my dreams. Honestly it doesn't tell me the years, so the room I seen could be in the future." Dominic says looking around in amazement.

"What does he mean by that Ayden?" Cyrus asks me confused just as I was.

"That's one of his abilities, dreams the future. Dom, show him your other one." I say with a smile on my face.

Instantly he's gone and ends up behind Cyrus tapping his shoulder.

"What was that? Instant transmission?" Cyrus says choking on his own spit.

"Yeah, I've been able to do that since I was 18 years old. The dreams have been there for as long as I remember. I didn't know what they meant or it was an ability until my second ability manifested." Dominic says nervously.

"That's incredible! Like I said before, I didn't experience my first ability until I was 21." I explain while walking by Cyrus.

"The team should be back here within an hour, where's Amber?" Cyrus says looking at my brother and I still shocked.

"She said she had somewhere to be and would be right back. I think she went to get me a late birthday present." I say thinking to myself that she's been gone awhile.

"Why didn't you just read her mind and find out?" Dominic asked slightly confused.

"I don't read minds of my friends and loved ones. Unless I believe their lives are in danger." I say nodding at Cyrus who I notice isn't listening, he's just staring at Dominic.

"Can you jump with other people or just by yourself?" Cyrus asks Dominic while shutting down the computer.

"Just by myself, I never tried or actually told anyone about my abilities. I thought someone could get hurt knowing what I am. By the way, what are we exactly?" Dominic confesses.

"You didn't read the prophecies yet! You got to yours before I did. Axis said you didn't know anything and had filled you in on our origins." I say feeling confused myself now.

"That Axis thing freaks me out, I didn't listen to a word it said. I kept quiet and took what it told me to. I felt drawn to the ship while on a business trip to Egypt." He explains looking between Cyrus and myself.

"If you didn't read the prophecies then how do you know I'm the oldest?" I ask with concern.

"It's just a twin thing I guess, I felt it when we shook hands." Dominic says scratching his head.

I talk to Cyrus in our heads and tell him to keep an eye out for my brother. Something seems odd and if what he says is true, we have a lot of training to do.