Chapter 14 - Being Hunted

My parents spaceship is amazing! It's like something you'd see from a futuristic movie or syfy tv show. The technology is something out if this world, literally. There's so many lights and weird unknown computers.

"Welcome Ayandan, finally nice to me you, my name is Axis." an unknown voice says.

"Who are you? Show yourself Axis." I shout as I try scanning to read his mind.

"No worries Ayandan, I'm the system that operates this ship. Any questions you have I can answer them." Axis announces.

"Are you sure we can trust it?" Amber says suspiciously looking at Cyrus then back at me.

"It'll be fine guys. Remember it's my parents ship. No harm can come from this." I say walking towards what looks like our command room back home.

"Your right Ayden, it's like Superman's fortress of solitude, or Batman's batcave!" Cyrus says spinning around amazingly.

"Quick scan, looking up superman and batman reference." Axis says taking a moment.

"Really?" Amber whispers in my ear.

"This is exactly that Cyrus. This is your safe zone and source of any alien information you might need." Axis says as a holographic screen appears in front of us.

"This computer system learns as we speak, this is too inane." Cyrus laughs in astonishment.

"So you can help me find the prophecies?" I ask Axis nervously.

"Surprised it took you this long to ask. Your brother was quick and to the point." Axis says jokingly.

"My brother was here? Did he say where he was going?" I spit out quickly.

"After you retrieve the prophecies I'll tell you what you want to know." Axis says opening a door to our left.

"Go, we'll wait wait here. This is something you have to do yourself." Amber says kissing my hand.

When I walk into the room a hallway of lights turn on and the door closes behind me. At the end of the hallway I see two metallic boxes. I nervously walk down the pathway to finally find out about my life and get to know who I really am.

"For warning, keep this book under strict supervision. If it ends up in the wrong hands, things can get very bad." Axis says as I'm reaching for the box.

"Axis I have one quick question. How do I know which one is mine?" I ask feeling a little stupid.

"Just reach for the one that feels like yours. Remember, your linked to it." Axis reminds me.

Everything in my gut is telling me to pick the box to the left. Something about it stands out and is pulling me near it. When I touch it, a glowing blue light shines and the marks on the box begin to spell my real name, Ayandan. The metallic box opens and there only a tiny device in it.

"I was expecting something a little bigger, perhaps a book of some sort." I say to Axis confused.

"There's a special way to open it, do it when your alone. You'll know what to do." Axis says with a positive tone.

"Okay, if you say so Axis. About my brother, Dominic, do you know where I can find him?" I ask Axis slowly.

"If you mean Demonico, then yes, I do know where your brother is. He just arrived yesterday and retrieved his copy of the prophecies." Axis says waiting for my response.

"How is he? Like me, good or bad? Was he alone?" I ask almost not ready for the answers.

"Demonico was indeed alone. He was very quiet, not a talker like you Ayandan." Axis responds.