2.15

The hair on the back of my neck stands on end, my muscle practically fluid with adrenaline as I wait for him to make the first move. I definitely wouldn't; he challenged me, the least I could do is let him try to land the first blow.

Around us, everyone else remains utterly and deathly silent, waiting for the moment things erupt; like a calm before a deadly storm.

Bogdan rushes forwards towards me, swinging his tail towards me whilst simultaneously going to throw a punch. I can only dodge one, and in an attempt not to end up on my ass I jump; my wings catching an up draft of wind allowing me to hover. His punch catches me in my stomach with the full force and momentum of his weight and movement.

I catch his arm with my legs holding it outstretched, my legs snaking and constricting around it like a python constricting its prey. I grip his wrist, squeezing his pressure point. His face contorts in discomfort, his face set in determination not to cry out.

He tries to wiggle free, but I curl tighter around his arm. A devious thought takes over me, and I know that this fight is already over. I pull in my wings letting gravity pull me back towards the ground, using the momentum to throw Bogdan over me as I went.

A loud sickening pop rings out between us as his shoulder comes away from its socket. Bogan screams out, though it quickly turns into a growl. Even in pain he still manages to rush at me again; if not for my quick reflex to barrel roll out the way, I might have just lost my head.

I stand to my feet, only for them to be swept out from under me by that armoured, battering ram of a tail. I fall back onto my ass, tailbone burning from the hit. I'm somewhat proud that after such a brutal fall, I only manage to let out a small hiss. I know that I'm in deep shit; my wings coming around to shield me from any attacks he might try to land on me in this vulnerable position.

At first he tries to rip open my wings with his one good hand; admittedly he has enough strength to keep me straining. Then he pulls away and my stomach drops. I open the black leathery curtains that separates us, needing to see what he's planning only to be met with his rock-like fist coming straight to my head.

I throw both my arms up into a block, protecting my head. He tries again, reigning down punches even with just one arm. I don't let him get very far, countering his punches with powerful kicks of my own. I don't bother to stop the barrage of attacks, landing kick after kick to his legs, chest and stomach. One particularly well aimed hit catches him right in the tender place between his legs sending him stumbling back with a beastly roar.

He crumples to his knees, grunting and howling in pain, his head bowed. I get to my feet, striding over to him with a silent mirth; my hand gripping the top of his bald head forcing his face up to look at me.

"Concede." I bark sternly, making sure to add a sharp edge to my voice. "Concede or I'll start pulling scales with my claws."

Part of me knows I've only said it for intimidation, but there's another part of me that can't deny how fun the idea sounds. After all the hell that Bogdan has given to me since returning, it would only be fair that I pay him back some; even if his suspicions about me are maybe somewhat right.

Judging by the look he gives me, he doesn't doubt that I would follow through. For a second I almost do, and I'm not entirely sure whether I'm in control or not.

"I concede."

I pivot on my heel with a wild look in my eye, as I take all the higher ranked pack members gathered. If there had been any doubt before about my strength, about my place, about my authority here in this pack, it would be gone now.

My eyes fall on Aleksandr, my gaze boring into his; he probably sees a loyal dog willing to serve him. A bitch who just proved without any doubt her strength, loyalty and usefulness. It's what I want him to see and yet, with the bloodlust still pumping around my veins the overwhelming urge to rip his throat out encompasses me.