1.03

He is starting to get annoyed with my lack of compliance. I've refused to speak a word without some kind of insurance first; I've seen first-hand (and even perpetrated) a double cross. For all I know he would execute me once I give him my information.

All I've told him is that Aleksandr Titov-the Alpha of Shadow Fang- is putting forward a plan to ensure the destruction of the Werewolf race, purposefully remaining vague with the details.

"What do you want?" He growls at my nonchalance.

"Firstly, protection. I want your word that you won't kill me after I tell you what you want to know." He nods with a roll of his eyes. It surprises me that he seems annoyed at the notion of him killing me. "And from Shadow Fang, my leaving wasn't exactly consented to. They will be hunting me down."

I know my request is selfish, even before it leaves my mouth. It will mean putting this entire pack in danger, but it can't be helped. As much as I hate to admit it, I can't do this on my own and if no pack helps me then they will all be in danger.

I can see the conflict in his face which he does well to mask quickly. He knows that this is a win-all or lose-all situation, but what he's trying to figure out is whether or not I'm worth the risk.

"I also need help, to find out who I am." When I speak this time, it actually sounds like I'm a person as an unknown emotion colours my voice. It quite frankly startles me, and I can tell the Alpha is also somewhat taken aback at my first sign of humanity.

"Fine, I won't kill you and I'll help you find out who you are, but I can't promise protection against Shadow Fang."

I'll take what I can get, I don't exactly have the luxury of being choosy.

"Deal." I hold out my hand for him to shake in agreement.

"Deal." He takes my hand and shakes it firmly, the tingles once again making a re-appearance. It's really irksome. Hand lingers in mine as if he doesn't want to let go. He turns towards the Beta who remained respectfully quiet during our exchange. "Alexei, go instruct one of the omegas to prepare a room. She will stay with us."

The Beta, Alexei, leaves as instructed without hesitation. Once he is out of the room the Alpha comes closer, caressing the side of my face.

"I can't promise protection from Shadow Fang, but I will do whatever I can to keep you safe." His thumb brushes my lips and I fight the urge to shiver. His touch ignites something within me, on the outside I remain stoic but, on the inside, it scares the shit out of me. I have never experienced this before, and it's throwing me off.

He looks at me strangely when I don't react, it's almost like he expects me to drop my guard because his Beta has left the room. It slightly confuses me, but I don't let anything show. It has been beaten into us that emotion is weakness, I can't let him see me like that.

"There's three months before Innonia's annual Mate's conference, do you think you'll be able to give me all the information by then?" He asks, his voice still soft as he speaks. I consider the opportunity, it'll be the perfect time to start thinking about a counter attack- but there is still no guarantee he won't kill me before going to the conference.

"I have a better idea, you'll take me with you, and I'll tell all the Alpha council." My eyes burn with determination as my gaze locks with his. He smirks, stroking his chin in thought before nodding in approval.

"Fine, but I still want at least some information before we go there, we can still do some information gathering before we go." He comments. "If this is as serious as you say it is then we can't just present witness-based information to the Alpha council."