2.03

After my 'chat' with Aleksandr I feel a lot more relaxed, though that doesn't mean that I've let my guard down. I know better than that. Shadow Fang is treacherous territory, no matter how deceivingly calm everything seems, there is always one form of danger or another hiding around the corner.

I walk with a controlled purpose back to the shelter that is provided for the Epsilon. There's an unsettling weariness settling in my bones, an unmistakable tiredness that is weighing down on not just my body but also my heart; one that I have a feeling won't simply pass with time.

I've only been away from the White Claw pack for a fortnight or so, and I already feel absolutely miserable. Part of me is glad, at least I can use my feelings as a deterrent to others- they all know never to mess with the Hellbringer when she's in a pissy mood; someone usually ends up dead.

I had agreed with Zakhar earlier that I would tell him everything. I'm not one to go back on a genuine agreement, but I'm not entirely sure I can stomach it. It's probably better to get it over and done with quickly; if others start asking questions, it'll be nice to have someone on my side.

I know it won't cause much suspicion if anyone sees me going to his quarters; everyone knew we were fucking. Whilst the thought no longer appeals to me the way it once had, I can still use our history to my advantage. It would be a perfectly believable cover.

The other pack members that I pass avoid me; turning away, unable to look me in the eye as they scuttle onwards to carry out whatever vile deeds they'd been commanded to do.

They could sense my power- I am one of a small number of class A hybrids within the pack, and on top of that I've been repressing the demon within me. I closely resemble a volcano ready to erupt; people are going to get hurt in the explosion, so to be safe they all maintain their distance.

Zakhar has a towel around his waist when I slip into his room. My guess, he had not too long returned from the showers. I suppose I missed training because of my conversation with Aleksandr; I have no doubt he would expect to see me there tomorrow morning regardless of my physical condition.

Zakhar looks the same as ever, impressive, tall and handsome in a roguish sort of way, his scars proudly displayed all over his body. I had spent many nights tracing each one; those days were long gone. All I could think now was that he was no Dimitri though. His green eyes glitter with mischief as he takes me in, no doubt trying to come up with some way to get me out of my clothes; he would end up disappointed- we both would.

"That was fast." He acknowledges my presence as he dries his light brown hair with his towel as he rummages around for a clean pair of briefs. "I thought I'd have more time to get ready."

"Cry me a river, next time I'll knock," I can't help but deadpan. I don't turn away from his naked physique, nakedness has never been a problem in this pack- everyone saw everything at some point. "Besides it's not like I haven't already seen you naked."

"Well, since I am..." He smirks sexily, sauntering over to me. His arms go around my waist, every inch of him pressing against my front, his nose buries itself into my neck as he begins to nip and suck the skin there.

Perhaps if this had been two months ago, I wouldn't have hesitated to take him up on his offer; Goddess knows that this frustration I have building within me is something I need to desperately release. However, now all I could think about was how wrong it felt- his chest was not as broad, his hands too rough, his mouth didn't move in a way that I wanted anymore. Not after experiencing everything Dimitri had to offer.

Just as I was about to push him away his mouth went lower, to the place between my neck and shoulder- right over Dimitri's mark. A sharp pain, like being electrocuted, shocks me, and I can't help the cry of pain that leaves me.