1.21

When I wake up, I am no longer on the floor, but the room is still obliterated. Dimitri's scent lingers in the air; he had moved me to the bed some time during the night, but he hadn't stayed. I'm still alone.

Sadness fills me, but I push it away as quickly as it comes. Real or not, my dream has reminded me of the reason I escaped Shadow Fang; it was never to find a mate, or even to feel again, it's to prevent the end of the Werewolf realm. I've been too caught up in Dimitri to remember that, but I would not let such a mistake happen again.

I am a storm.

It's bittersweet, that my feelings for the headstrong Alpha has become a casualty that I myself have created with my lack of focus, but it has also been one of the most beautiful experiences that I've ever had the pleasure of knowing.

It's the third day since I told Dimitri the truth, since Dimitri had gotten that call. He suspected one week before I'd be found but I'm certain, and somewhat afraid that we have even less time than he suspects.

There is no point in running anymore, it's inevitable that they will find me eventually and who knows what kind of destruction they will spread once they get tired of looking. The only thing I can do now, is to make sure that when they do arrive, I am ready.

I will fight like hell to make sure that the members of this pack stay safe. I have selfishly and recklessly put them all in danger by coming here, not that I really had much of a choice.

I pull on a black turtleneck long- sleeve top along, dark fitted pants along with some warm fluffy socks and my pair of boots. I pull on a jacket on top and some fingerless gloves on my hands as an extra layer. It isn't bone chilling outside, but the extra layers make me feel comfortable.

I trace the relatively familiar route to the training grounds, the smell of epsilon getting stronger with every step closer that I take down the worn earth path.

The men are once again surprised to see me, though they don't ogle me as much as the last time. The same can't be said for Dimitri, Alexei, Mikhail and Viktor who seem completely shocked at seeing me there. I ignore them, walking past them without even casting them a glance.

I move over to the rack of weapons, my fingers dancing over some of the blades until I come across my weapons of choice. Twin scimitars, the steel blades spanning my entire forearm or longer with a simple unguarded hilt. I can feel his brooding frame behind me as I pick up the swords, I fight the urge to roll my eyes.

"What are you doing?" Dimitri's voice calls out. I can hear the grunts of the other men as they pretend that they aren't listening in with bated breath.

"Training." I answer simply, there are no formalities and I think Dimitri can sense my lingering anger towards him. I walk past him, paying him no further attention as I head for the empty space behind him.

"By the way, if this is the only way your men know how to fight." I pause pointing one blade at the men currently sparring fist to fist, my other blade resting on my shoulder lazily. "Then you're not going to stand a chance."

I take a steadying breath, blades poised in my hands, body ready to attack. I guess I should show them what they are up against. I dig deep within myself, calling on the part of myself I hated the most. A dark pressure takes over as I feel it- her- rising within me. I cling to the feeling of self-hatred allowing it to fuel her as she awakens.

I feel it, like fire in my veins and ice on my skin. My vision sharpens, scents becoming more vibrant, my hearing more pronounced and the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end as if waiting. My nails turn a sickly, black extending into small talons, my eyes burning in my skull until I know they are an iridescent bright, royal purple. I can feel everything around me- below me- in motion. The small hidden brand behind my ear, that I'd forgotten about, begins to burn and I know she is there.