1.09

Alpha Dimitri has arranged the route for us to travel back to what used to be the Dawn Stalkers pack. He has also handpicked the four men that will accompany us on the way; Mikhail and Viktor, as well as two of his highly trusted and skilled warriors- Igor and Feliks.

Alexei will be in charge of the pack whilst we are gone; we're currently waiting to embark on our journey. The only thing left is for Alpha Dimitri to leave his final commands with his Beta. The Beta in question seems to take his responsibility extremely seriously as he exchanges several hushed whispers with his Alpha.

I look up to the dark, starry night sky; the air is cold, but the night is peaceful. It's a lot like the night that I first arrived which bodes well for travelling- sort of.

Travelling under the cover of darkness in the early hours of the morning is a decision I hardly agree with. I know how treacherous unclaimed territory could be, I've spent weeks travelling through the rogue infested lands- especially during twilight hours.

One would think he would take my advice, or even to consider it, since it's based on personal experience, but he simply assures me that he can handle things and dismisses me. I fight my case, relentlessly but it's futile. I'm outranked and the Alpha's word is law, no matter what I say Dimitri would not hear of it.

I have to roll my eyes at his display of superiority that I'm getting tired of.

Dimitri doesn't appreciate my lack of respect and rewards me by grabbing my face harshly as he reminds me of his warning to punish me for my behaviour. I'm beginning to think that he wants me to push him too far, he wants to punish me; I would be lying if I said that I'm not curious about how he wants to punish me.

His threats don't scare me in the slightest, from his tense muscles, and the steady caution in his gaze I can tell that he doesn't want to hurt me. But I know that he will dominate me if he thinks he needs to, which would surely happen if I continue down my current path. He has made it abundantly clear that he would not tolerate any of my frivolous behaviour in front of his men.

Message received, loud and clear.

Off to one side Irina and Mikhail are in a fierce embrace as he wipes her tears; the impending separation is obviously going to be a struggle for them. They've been practically inseparable since Dimitri gave Mikhail his orders a few days ago.

The same goes for Feliks and Viktorya; Angel explains that since they are newly mated their bond doesn't want to be far apart. Viktorya doesn't cry, but she looks as though she wants to, she clings to Feliks tightly kissing and murmuring to him fervently. He responds with a similar urgency- I find the whole thing a little peculiar.

Angel and Viktor are just as intimate but not as emotional, it's probably because Angel isn't as submissive or reliant on Viktor as Irina is on Mikhail, and their bond isn't as new as Viktorya and Felik's. The two kiss fiercely, making me avert my attention, such an intense display of affection making me uncomfortable.

Dimitri is thankfully finishing up his conversation with Alexei and coming back over to his team. Feliks, Mikhail and Viktor pull away from their mates to join us as we get ready to depart.

I don't know what it's like to be in Irina's, Viktorya's or Angel's position but somehow, I still feel a tug in my gut for them. I don't fully understand what it is and honestly, it makes me slightly uncomfortable, so I quickly dismiss it.

Alpha Dimitri commands that two of the company shift into their beasts; their senses sharper and thus they could act effectively as scouts whilst we move forward. The two warriors- Igor and Feliks- agree to the task, stripping from their clothes into their fur.