1.19

I'm seated in the center of the room with the pack bitches seated around me. Now that I've been formally introduced as Alpha Female, they are no longer weary of me and allow me to be more included in their luncheon. Alana, after losing the challenge and now a newly made omega, is now in my previous position; she's sat furthest away with her head hung in a submissive display.

I've used my influence and power to temporarily take full control of the event; if something is going to change, I need proof that it should be changed.

"Since coming to your pack, I've noticed that bitches have one choice on how to live their lives- find their mate and become housewives. I can't help but think that so many of you could have hidden talents that could strengthen and build this pack up, but you don't even get an opportunity to try."

The bitches around me look surprised, looking around at each other in wonder and genuine shock.

"I've been talking with Alpha Dimitri desperately trying to convince him that allowing pack bitches the choice of doing something more for the pack. So far, he seems understanding but reluctant; I think it would really help if you all demonstrated that this is something you want to do."

"But what else could we do?" One of the bitches speaks up unsurely. "It's just always been a part of our tradition to be a mate that I can't think of anything else."

"Anything you want to do. You could be a warrior, a teacher, stay a mate- absolutely anything." I reply with a shrug, "As long as it's your choice. I know that you may find it strange or uncomfortable to go against tradition, but I honestly just want the best for the pack."

And it's the truth. I've grown attached to the people that I've met here, the times that I've interacted with the pack, are both heart warming and learning experiences for me. I have the best interest of the pack in mind, I want everyone to be happy and safe.

The thought makes me consider the fact I'm hiding my biggest secret from Dimitri, I can't claim to have the best interest of the pack in mind if I'm hiding vital information from their Alpha, even if that secrecy comes from a place of fear. I decide then, that once I give Dimitri the signatures, I'll also tell him everything.

"I for one have always wanted to be a chef." Angel speaks up from beside me. "When I was in Crimson Manes, I could make a mean stew... I mean I still cook for Viktor, but it would be so nice to share my skill with the whole pack."

I turn to her with a small smile of thanks, she simply winks right back. At her testimony a small chatter starts up within the tea shop as the bitches consider the possibilities of doing something more for the pack.

It hardly takes any time before I have a list of signatures of the bitches who like, or is interested, in the idea. There are some bitches who don't sign at all, they like their current position and aren't too keen on doing something else. It's completely expected though. In fact, I've gotten far more signatures than I initially thought I would.

Once I show Dimitri, he would have no choice but to listen to me. I'm also going to suggest Dimitri to train the bitches in the pack, because no matter how much he trusts the skill of his Epsilon it's always an invaluable skill to have.

The rest of the luncheon is a pleasant affair, and I find that I'm not as worn out by it as the first few times I attended; those days seem so far away now.

~*~

The office is flooded by the bright sunlight from outside, Dimitri sits in his intimidating leather seat when I stroll into his office. His broad shoulders rest comfortably against the back, taking up the entire seat in an effortless dominant position.