[The Mentalists]

INT. HOUSE – NIGHT

A medium, a man and a woman held hands around a Ouija board.

"Yes," the medium said. "A spirit has gathered around us. Are you with us, spirit?"

The man rolled his eyes. The curtains moved and the woman smiled before saying, "I feel something. I have goose bumps. Uncle Danny?"

"We're going to make contact now. Rest your hands on the planchette."

The medium and the woman placed their fingers on the planchette in the middle of the Ouija board.

"Let the spirit guide our hands," the medium instructed. She closed her eyes and tilted her head upwards. "O spirit, are you the one we seek? Are you... Uncle Danny?"

The planchette moved towards "Yes" on the Ouija board.

"I'm not doing that," the woman said.

"Yeah. She's pushing it," the man told her.

The medium took her hands away from the Ouija board and the woman followed suit.

"It's okay to be skeptical," the medium said. "Danny, if you're with us, knock twice for yes."

There were two knocks. The woman smiled happily before asking, "Danny? Can you ask him, is he happy?"

The medium closed her eyes and tilted her head upwards again.

There were two knocks.

"He is," the medium replied. "He's happy."

"Is Sadie with him?"

"Now you're being ridiculous, Cynthia," the man said. "Who cares about Sadie?"

The medium raised her hands to her eyes. "Ah, yes. I see... A family pet."

"That's her," Cynthia confirmed. "Sadie was a Schnauzer."

"She's with Danny, chasing tennis balls in the afterlife."

"Sadie loved tennis balls."

"There were important papers," the man said. "No one can find them. They weren't in the safe. Can you just ask him..."

"Of course," the medium answered. "I'll need you to place your hands with me on the planchette."

The man reached out for the planchette, but as he did so the lights flickered and electricity crackled.

"Maybe – maybe Danny didn't like the question," the medium guessed.

"Tell him to quit fooling around," the man told her. "He knows darn well that's my money."

The fire in the fireplace roared, then died out.

"Can't you two stop squabbling?" Cynthia asked. "For Pete's sake, he's dead. Tell him we're sorry. Maybe if we're nice, he'll–" The planchette started to move. "Oh, my God. Danny?"

The planchette darted across the board to "No". When the medium and woman exhaled, their breath was visible. The medium stood.

"What's going on?" Cynthia wondered.

The planchette rose into the air, turned, and stabbed the medium in the throat. Blood splattered the man. He and Cynthia gasped and screamed as the medium fell dead on the floor.

EXT. STREET – DAY

Dean was walking along a street carrying a bag from Fat Mack's Bar-B-Q Rib Shack. He checked his cell phone, which said NO MESSAGES. He stopped next to a blue and gray Dodge Challenger, looked around, then used a hook to break in.