05

[Monster Movie]

The Impala drove down a road lined with trees and past a sign that said, WELCOME TO PENNSYLVANIA. Lightning flashed, and the sign momentarily read, WELCOME TO TRANSYLVANIA.

Dean fiddled with the radio and frowned. "The radio around here sucks."

"Come on, man," Sam protested.

"Jobs don't get much sweeter than this, you know?"

Neither Sam nor Haven answered and Dean continued. "Dead vic with a gnawed-on neck, body drained of blood, and a witness who swears up and down that it was a vampire."

Sam shook his head. "No, I-I agree. It's a hell of a case."

"A little more gusto, please."

Haven raised a brow. "Sometimes you really worry me. I mean, sure I haven't known you that long. But you're way too excited about this."

Sam chuckled. "Got that right." He turned to Dean and his smile dropped. "It's just... The world is coming to an end. Things are a little complicated, you know?"

Dean nodded sharply. "Yeah, well, we can't save the world, not today, anyway. But what we can do is chop off some vamps' heads. Come on, man, it's like the good old days, an honest-to-goodness monster hunt. It's about time the Winchesters and Jones got back to hunting. A straightforward, black-and-white case."

Eventually, they pulled up to an Oktoberfest festival. Sam and Dean adjusted their suits as the exited the Impala. Haven was in normal attire, as Dean told her he had a plan for her. The three of them walked forward.

"We still got to see the new "Raiders" movie," Dean said.

"Saw it," Sam replied.

"Without me?" Dean asked incredulously.

"You were in Hell."

"That's no excuse." He looked at a vendor. "Big pretzel."

Sam smiled and shook his head.

Dean accepted three pretzels from the vendor. "Thank you."

He handed Haven a pretzel and she smiled. "Thanks. Hey, I still haven't seen the new "Raiders" movie. I'll watch with you."

Dean returned her smile. "Thank you. At least someone appreciates me." He handed Sam the other pretzel.

"Thank you," Sam said.

The three of them took a bite of their pretzels.

"Gutentag," Jamie greeted.

Dean, with his mouth full, replied, ""Gutentag" yourself."

Sam chewed and hummed, "Mmm."

Haven's eyes scanned the place and she pointed to a man. "I believe that's the man you're looking for?"

The boys walked up to him and Sam called, "Sheriff Dietrich."

"Are you the boys from the fed?"

"Agents Angus and Young," Sam said as they showed their badges.

"Right. Um... I'll tell you what, why don't we talk this out away from the crowd, huh?"

MORGUE

The door opened and a body was slid out, covered with a sheet.

Sheriff Dietrich drove back a sheet. "Marissa Wright, 26, just up from Lockhard for the 'fest. Terrible. Just terrible. It's the last thing this town needs at peak tourist season."