02

[Are You There God? It's Me, Dean Winchester]

Bobby was sitting at his desk with a pile of books in front of him. Sam was sitting in a chair in the corner opposite Bobby, talking to Dean and Haven.

"Well, then tell me what else it could be," Sam said.

"Look, all we know is I was not groped by an angel," Dean replied.

"Okay, look, Dean. Why do you think this Castiel would lie to you about it?"

"Maybe he's some kind of demon. Demons lie."

Haven shook her head. "He's definitely not a demon. I saw his face. It was... It was heavenly."

Sam raised a brow, looking at his brother. "A demon who's immune to salt rounds and devil's traps... and Ruby's knife. Dean, Lilith is scared of that thing! And you heard what Haven just said; she saw his true face."

Dean's eyes narrowed. "Don't you think that if angels were real, that some hunter somewhere would have seen one... at some point... ever?"

"Uh, you kind of did, Dean," Haven pointed out. "And also, Seers are messengers of God. So, trust me when I say Castiel is what he says he is."

Dean frowned, looking between them. "I'm trying to come up with a theory here. Okay? Work with me."

"Dean we have a theory," Sam said.

"Yeah, one with a little less fairy dust on it, please."

Sam sighed. "Okay, look. I'm not saying we know for sure. I mean, Haven seems to be sure. I'm just saying that I think we--"

"Okay, okay. That's the point. We don't know or sure, so I'm not gonna believe that this thing is a freaking Angel of the Lord because it says so!"

Haven narrowed her eyes. "Why don't you believe me?"

Dean met her eyes. "Because until it's proven, I'm not gonna believe some random guy."

Bobby's voice caught their attention. "You two chuckleheads and lady want to keep arguing religion, or do you want to come take a look at this?"

Sam, Haven and Dean walked towards Bobby's desk and he continued. "I got stacks of lore -- Biblical, pre-Biblical. Some of it's in damn cuneiform. It all says an angel can snatch a soul from the pit. Or give word to a Seer."

"What else?" Dean asked.

"What else, what?"

"What else could do it?"

"Airlift your ass out of the hot box? Be given prophetic word? As far as I can tell, nothing."

"Dean, this is good news," Sam said.

"How?" Dean questioned.

"Because for once, this isn't just another round of demon crap. I mean, maybe you were saved by one of the good guys, you know?"

"Okay. Say it's true. Say there are angels. Then what? There's a God?"

Bobby nodded. "At this point, Vegas money's on yeah."

"I don't know, guys."

Sam looked at his brother. "Okay, look. I know you're not all choirboy about this stuff, but this is becoming less and less about faith and more and more about proof."

"Proof?"

"Yes."

"Proof that there's a God out there that actually gives a crap about me personally? I'm sorry, but I'm not buying it."