32 | THE FINAL DRINK

ღ

LAUDON'S POV

Only a fool would reject a kiss from their mate.

Laudon considers himself a fool and then some. The opportunity of a lifetime had been presented to him moments ago, an opportunity he now wishes he would have taken full advantage of. His lovely Maggie had climbed into the palm of his hand and practically begged for him to eat her up. She gave him the sexiest pair of bedroom eyes while whispering sweetly for him to kiss her. An innocent question he now regrets having thought too hard about.

I know I shouldn't want to be with someone like you, and yet this feeling of needing to be near you whenever you aren't here...

Maggie's confession is stuck on replay inside Laudon's head. He swore he felt his heart flutter when she had asked him to kiss her, and when she so boldly pressed her warm body against his, purposely drawing attention to how hard he was, Laudon had desperately wanted to give in to his primal urges and fuck the girl until he had his fill. Then again, would a day like that ever come? Not possible. Laudon could never tire of Maggie Brumfield.

In this life and the next, he will love her wholly and fiercely until death takes him away.

"Damn hospital. When did I become so picky? I should have fucking kissed her." Laudon sighs heavily while taking a seat at his desk.

A cold shower did nothing to tame his desire, and part of him continues to ponder whether or not he should return to Edreial and give Maggie a kiss so passionate that she will have no choice but to profess her love for him by the end of it. His mouth, after all, is good for more than dishing out orders. One day soon, he hopes to show Maggie all his best tricks.

"I need to focus," Laudon tells himself. "It's my fault she's stuck in this cursed deal. There must be some way for me to break it without further fucking things up."

Despite there being much bigger problems for him to solve, Laudon chooses to search for a solution regarding spell reversals. There is, unfortunately, not a lot of material for him to go through simply because when one willingly plays with dark magic, they do so with solid intent and purpose. There are levels to spellcasting and, be it a positive or negative spell, rarely, if ever, does a professional spellcaster make a mistake and need to undo a spell.

However, given Maggie's current predicament, Laudon now realizes that there are certain situations that call for such a complex request. The type of magic and power required to break the spell that is currently tied to Brinton Forest is something that only the King of Hell possesses. And if there is one thing in this world that Laudon absolutely despises... it is asking his father for help.

"Enter," Laudon answers the knock at the door, his eyes still scanning the pages of the book in his hands.

Yari, one of the guards whose job is to watch and protect the gates of Hell, steps into the office with a bright expression and a smile so wide one can almost see every fang inside his big ugly mouth.