36 | THE BUTTERFLY (End of Book 1)

ღ

MAGGIE'S POV

SEVERAL MONTHS LATER

It's both a blessing and a curse that Krista and I are dormmates this spring semester. 

A blessing because she's amazing company to have and I rarely find myself getting bored. That usually only happens when she's not around, Johnny is unavailable to hang out, or if I can't get in touch with my boyfriend. On the flip side, it's sometimes a curse because of the whole privacy thing.

How do you ask for space when half of your room belongs to somebody else? You can't just kick your roommate out into the street anytime you want to be alone, or in my case, kick them out into the hallway.

Krista and I had some awkward moments in the beginning, but we eventually established a few ground rules after about two weeks of living together. Though, sometimes Krista gets a little too carried away with Nyx, her girlfriend, which then puts us both in an uncomfortable position.

"Oh my God! I'm so sorry!" I exclaim after opening the door to my room, slamming it shut two seconds later. "Damn it, Krista..." I mutter under my breath as I hear her and Nyx scrambling to get dressed, giggling like me catching them fucking is some big joke I'm meant to find entertaining. "You're supposed to hang a headband on the doorknob before you two get up to no good so I know not to come in!" I bang on the door, mildly frustrated. "We've gone over this a hundred times already."

A few minutes later, Krista opens the door with a flushed face and a bright smile. She's wearing a grey tank top and sweatpants, her neck covered in old and new hickeys. I roll my eyes but smile back at her, letting her know I'm irritated but not enraged.

"Hey, honeybun! How was work this evening?" Krista asks, trying to change the subject.

"What was the point of us making rules if you never planned on following them, sweetheart?" I mock her before stepping inside. I wave at Nyx as I make my way over to my side of the room, collapsing on my twin bed and plugging my dead cell phone into its charger. "So, what are you two horndogs planning on doing for spring break besides having loads of sex in places that'll definitely get you arrested?"

Nyx laughs while straightening out her afro puffs, her brown eyes on Krista. "You know us so well." 

Krista immediately cuddles against Nyx after she returns to her bed. The two of them are so damn cute that it's sometimes nauseating to watch them together. They met this semester when school started back up and Krista told me it was basically love at first sight. They've only been dating for a few months, so she hasn't let those three words slip to Nyx, claimed their relationship is still too 'new' and that she didn't want to risk scaring Nyx off.

I told her we only live once and to just fucking go for it! If you love somebody, tell them. No need to waste time worrying about rejection and other silly what-ifs when you could literally walk outside, get hit by a car, and die. Game over. Life over.