Chapter 5

Katie's pov:
"I know! I know! " I squealed into the phone talking to Lauren."Katie! Shut up!" Caspar cried next door in Joe's room. I forgot they were filming. "sorry!" I shouted back. "okay I'll see you at 3 tomorrow!" I said happily and hung up. I told Lauren everything! About Joe asking me out and about the way he makes me feel. A smile crept onto my face while I was rethinking about our conversation. I changed into a sweatshirt and some shorts and laid down to go to bed.

I woke up at 1. Jet lag is finally getting to me. I hurried and jumped into the shower and blow drying my hair. Still in my pjs I skip up the stairs to make myself breakfast... or lunch? A smile spread across my face thinking about the plans I had going on later. I grabbed some vanilla yogurt and some fruit topped with granola. Caspar and Joe were not in sight so I just read a magazine waiting for Lauren. "I'm here!" I heard Lauren shout right behind me. She dropped the bags in her hand and ran to hug me. She lived in London so it was rare we saw each other but now we can hang out all summer! "I missed you so much!" She exclaimed squeezing me tighter. "I missed you!" I replied. "okay we don't have much time so lets go!" She picked up the bags that were once in her hands and ran downstairs into the restroom with me in toe. She sat me down on a chair and started on my makeup. Lauren went to cosmetology school and she would do hair and makeup for celebrities on their photoshoots. We talked while she was doing my makeup. I felt the soft tip of the brush work into my crease. It tickled at first but then you got used it to it. She said she was going natural. I agreed. We agreed for me not to look until my whole outfit was put together. She split my hair in two sections and starting to curl away from my face. The final product was some gorgeous loose beach waves. The final thing that was left to do was to put my outfit together. Considering I didn't know what I was doing we went for a simple look starting with a maroon skirt paired with beige/nude long sleeve. Underneath the skirt were some black tights and some black heels. I looked at the clock it was now 7:20. Time for the reveal. I stepped into the restroom to reveal my hair and makeup. I shut my eyes as Lauren led me to the mirror. I was curios if it was anything I Anticipated. I opened my eyes breath taken. It wasn't what I expected. It was better. Is this really me? I look so different! A good different, lets hope Joe thinks so too. It took everything to make sure my eyes didn't leak. Why was this so emotional? I laughed at myself for being so silly. "Thank you Lauren I love it!" I exclaim pulling her into a hug."your welcome!" She returned the hug. "Now I expect details!" She said as she walked out the door and left. I ran back downstairs hoping to avoid Joe. I want to see his reaction. It was now 7:27. I sat on the bed waiting for the minute to change on the clock. With every second that passed my breathing got faster. Oh my goodness these nerves, they're getting to the best of me. I heard the knock on Caspar's door. I took a deep breath and made my way over to the handle. Slightly pushing the knob with my hand I took one last breath.

(Cont. next chapter)