Chapter 28

Katie's pov
"It was so nice to meet you Graham." I pulled him into a hug. I really had an amazing time. "it was nice to meet you too!" he replied grinning. "bye dad, I love you." Joe hugged his dad before releasing and smiling to me. "I love you too." he smiled back. I turned around and made my way to the car making sure to wave one last time. After we pulled out the drive way Joe looked at me expectantly. I cracked a smile. "Do you think he liked me?" I asked. He gave me a look like I was crazy. "he LOVED you." he laughed happily. "you really think so?" I replied astonished. "I know so." he focused attention on the road which is a good thing or else he would've seen me goofy smile with blushed cheeks.
*
Okay so I may have napped for half the drive but I couldn't help it. "How long now?" I asked Joe sitting up and trying to wake up my leg that fell asleep as well. "2 hours." he sighed. "Ahhh." I shakily breathed as the tingly feeling traveled up from my foot to my thigh. "what's wrong?" Joe asked stopping at a red light. "leg. asleep." I squeezed my eyes shut. "Oh" he chuckled before facing his gaze to the now green light. He pressed the gas pedal causing us to lightly jerk forward. I opened my eyes to look out my window. My eyes went wide and for the split second I had left I shouted "Joe!"
*
Everything was hurting. I heard the sirens but everything was blurry, the red and blue lights switching making my head ache. What the hell just happened? Where am I? Joe! I pushed my self up with my hand on the edge of the door where the now shattered window used to be. That action only shoved the glass deeper. I winced but ignored it. I lifted my head up and turned to look at Joe. His head was laying on the steering wheel. I saw his eyes twitch and he groaned. His eyes flicked open and widened at the sight of me. "Katie!" He shouted. I tried to keep my eyes open, I really did. My eyelids getting heavier and Joe's voice shouting my name faded to a faint whisper. I let out a shaky breath before everything went black.
*
My eyelids twitched before opening fully only to be shut again due to the blinding light. I opened again letting my eyes get used to it. I looked down to my hand which had A hand in grasp. I followed his arm up to his face buried into his arms and into the bed I squeezed his hand a little causing him to jolt up only scaring me slightly. I was too weak to react. "Katie?!" He shouted before letting go and running out the door to call the nurse. "Hi Katie!" The doctor smiled earning a weak one back. "so do you know what happened?" He asked. I shook my head no. "you were in a car accident but your okay now, you've been asleep for 3 days." woah. "Your free to leave but we just want to keep you one more night to make sure everything's nearly healed. Any questions?" He asked. I nodded. "Who's he?"