Chapter 33

Katie's pov:
I wake up with Joes arms snaked around my waist. I turned to face him but his grip tightened. He must've thought I was getting up. I rested my head on his chest just laying in his safety. After laying there for a good 15 minutes I could tell he wasn't gonna wake up anytime soon so I stood up and put his white t-shirt over me having it cover a bit below my butt. I made my way upstairs to start breakfast. Half way through my stomach felt uncomfortable. I'm probably just hungry. I continue flipping pancakes until I reach my last one. I couldn't hold it down anymore. I dropped the spatula onto the floor and ran downstairs Caspar's restroom. It was the closest one. I shut the door and let everything flow out of my mouth.

Once I was finished I brushed my teeth. I placed the palm of my hands on the sink giving me a chance to catch my breathe. I started thinking. Could it be? Surly not we used protection. Not again. Not another pregnancy scare. I sighed and picked up my phone and texted Lauren. "It happened again can you pick up a test for me?" I went back to the room and quickly changed. Within the next five minutes she was there. I saw the bag peaking out from her purse When I opened the front door. "Don't worry Caspar's out of town, he won't be home til..." I glanced at the clock. "three." It's 12 right now. I heard footsteps come up the stairs. My eyes widened at the thought of Joe, especially with our conversation last night. "Lauren, Hey!" He wrapped his arms around my waist resting his head on my shoulder. "Sup!" She nodded nervously. "uh I made breakfast what do ya say we eat?" I piped up. "sure." they both said.
*
"Thanks again babe." Joe thanked me as I took my last sip of orange juice. I smiled. His phone started ringing before he excused himself to pick it up. "does he know?" Lauren whispered "I don't even know!" I whisper shouted back. She raised her hands up and mouthed sorry. I fixed my attention to Joe who was now walking in our direction with an annoyed face. "Caspar just got a flat he's about an an hour away and he needs me to go bring him the jack." he groaned aggravated. "I'll be back in 3 hours tops." He smiled before kissing me goodbye. I walked him out the door. I made sure his car drove off before running back to Lauren who was on her phone. "ready?" I asked. She nodded and grabbed the pregnancy test from her purse and handing it to me. I took hold of it and walked to the restroom.
*
I squeezed Lauren's hand as I watched the countdown on my phone slowly subtracting seconds. 3..2..1 "beep beep" This time I was eager to know the answer. As scared as I was I needed to get it over with. I picked up the test and read it. Positive? Positive. I felt the tears start to form in my eyes. What am I going to tell Joe. He was right, we are too young for kids. I'm not ready to be a mom.

I couldn't hold it in anymore, I let the tears fall one after another. I let my back slide down the wall and just sat criss crossed holding the positive test in my hands. Lauren's hand rubbed my shoulder. I looked up to her "What am I going to do." I looked at her pleadingly. "You have to tell him." she said sliding down next to me. "How? He doesn't even want kids! At least not now anyway. He definitely won't want to stay with me." I sniffed as the tears were completely uncontrollable and I was now sobbing into Lauren's shoulders. I'm not ready to lose him. "Katie I'm home!" My heart dropped. He's not suppose to be here for another 2 hours! "So somebody had let Caspar borrow there's so I just came back ho-" he stopped at the front of the bathroom door staring at me and Lauren his face full of worry. "Katie what's the matter?" He knelt down placing his hand on my back. "I'm gonna head out." Lauren stood to her feet before heading out. "I'm so sorry Joe." I continued crying. He sat down completely before pulling me to sit on his lap. "Shhh Just tell me whats going on." he placed a hand on my head and pulled me into his shoulder. I cried into his shirt. "I'm - I'm pregnant" I pulled my head away to look at his reaction. He just sat completely still. I felt the tears still running down my cheeks and I knew my mascara was running. "I don't understand, we used protection." he said with his eyebrows furrowed together. I couldn't really tell if he was angry but I didn't think he was happy. "I know! I don't know maybe it broke? Joe I'm so sorry!" I buried my face into my hands and continued to weep. "Stop apologizing, it wasn't your fault!" He pulled my hands down and his eyes met mine. "I mean who knows maybe this will be good for us! A little Katie or Joe running around!" He smiled causing me to crack one too. "I made a promise to you Katie that I would always be there for you. I intend on keeping it." He kissed my forehead. "so your not mad?" I asked nervously. "not at all." he smiled. "We should call the doctor, sometimes these tests could be wrong." I admitted. He nodded. "maybe they can fit us in today?" Joe added. "yeah."
*
"Okay so were just gonna apply this gel, it's cold but you get used to it." the nurse smiled. "okay. There's the baby! It looks like a little bean." she gushed. I felt my eyes water while I was looking at the screen. I turned to look at Joe who's eyes also looked glossy. He smiled widely at me. I'm really pregnant! Joe squeezed my hand letting me know that he was excited. "I can't believe were gonna be parents!" I gushed letting a few tears slip. "I know." Joe whispered happily. "Congratulations!" The nurse quickly smiled before walking out the door after I got cleaned up. Now, standing by the bed in the doctor's room made everything feel so real! I have a human being growing inside of me. "I'm gonna do everything I can to protect you." Joe whispered to my belly.