Chapter 24 (5sos special part 5)

Katie's pov:

"Wake up Wake up Wake up." I heard Lauren say standing over me. I squinted up at her and groaned. "get dressed, we are going shopping!" She said standing up straight. If there's one thing Lauren loves more than makeup it was shopping, or buying more makeup. "mmm'kay." I said stretching and watching her walk out of the room. I turned around noticing the space next to me was vacant. I sit up and let my legs hang over the bed before fully standing up and walking to the restroom to get dressed.

*

Joe was no where to be found in this house. I decided to send him a text saying good morning before walking downstairs to Lauren sitting at the table on her phone. "ready?" She asked not lifting her gaze. "yeah." I say shortly and grab an apple for the road. "Let's go get our shopping on!" She stood up excitedly. Lauren was definitely prepared for this because When I walked outside I saw an uber. I chuckled under my breath.

*

"Lauren! Please can we take a break my feet literally ache!" I whined with some bags in my hands. She rolled her eyes playfully and nodded. We walked to the food court and ordered some food. I checked my phone for the seventh time today waiting for Joe to text back from this morning. THIS MORNING! It' 5 pm already. I rolled my eyes and sent an 'I love you' text. I set the phone down and took a bite of my pizza. "you okay?" Lauren asked after swallowing a bite of her cheeseburger. "yeah it's Joe hasn't replied to my messages." I reply a little saddened. Did I do something wrong? I was swirling the straw in my drink drawing little circles. "I'm sure He's fine." she replied tossing a chip in her mouth. I sighed and took another bite of my pizza. "I really loved that shirt you bought!" She said excited. "Thanks." I replied with a smile.

After we finished our pizza we started walking around the mall waiting for our uber to arrive. "Oh my God look at that wedding dress!" She exclaimed pointing to the one on display. I turned around to see her gaze only to stop dead in my tracks. The sight that was before made my heart melt. The sight of it was absolutely breath taking, something I've never seen before. "That's beautiful.". Managed to breath out. "Just think, One day you will be walking in a dress like that!" She squealed. "well we don't know for sure."I said laughing. I pulled out my phone and took a picture of the dress. "Our uber's here!" She pointed out before dragging me into the direction of the car. I honestly don't know how she did not fall over considering all the bags she held. "So how are things?" She questioned randomly. "Good. Great! Actually." I smiled at her. "So Joe makes you happy." She said staring the obvious. "you have no idea! The way he makes me feel is just so ugh. I Can't explain it! He makes me feel so special, Like i'm the only girl in the world. And when were together it's like time stops and we can just live in that perfect moment together." I said smiling from ear to ear just thinking about him. "you are soo in love." she said smiling "I'm loving every second of it." I blushed. "we're here." the uber driver called.

*

"Close your eyes." she said. I looked at her confused. "wait here, shut your eyes, and give me your bags." she ordered and as confused as I was I obeyed. I heard the door open and close then open again as she pushed me forward and sitting me down onto the couch. "open." I heard a males voice say that I know all to well. Joe. I smiled at his voice. My eyes fluttered open and I see him there with a guitar, behind him 4 faces I know all to well.

"And I would answer all your wishes, if you asked me to.

But if you deny me one of your kisses, don't know what I'd do.

So hold me close and say three words, like you used to do.

Dancing on the kitchen tiles,

Yes you make my life worthwhile,

So I told you with a smile...

It's all about you."

By this point I was in tears. His voice was beautiful and made me smile. It sent shivers through out my body. Knowing that he was mine made me feel soo lucky. I don't know what I would do without him. He is the reason I'm happy. My love for him is endless. As he sang the last line I felt sad that it was over. The minute he set the guitar down I ran to him embracing him in a hug tucking my head into his chest. He kissed the top of my forehead. "Why are you crying princess?" He asked pulling back but still holding me and wiped a tear with his thumb. "This is the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me and I'm so lucky to have you. I don't know what I would do without you Joe, you mean so much and I want you to know that I love you." I stared deep into his blue eyes. He pulled me into a kiss. His lips tasted sweet and His touch sent flutters in my stomach. At this moment I felt like time stopped. We forgot everyone was still around and Lauren's sneeze brought us back into reality. "Sorry." I blushed looking down. They were all smiling as if this was all some sort of plan. "why are you all staring at me?" I asked turning around and facing everyone else. They all smiled even wider and I Made eye contact with Lauren and read her lips. 'turn around' I shot her glance of confusion and turned around to see Joe with a box in his hand. My heart dropped. I felt the tears prickle my eyes."Katie, I know it's obviously too soon for us to get married." he started. I'm not going to lie, a wave of relief washed over me. As much I love Joe I'm not ready for marriage. "but I want you to know that no matter what I will never do you wrong. I promise I will never hurt you, I promise I will never cheat on you, I promise I'm aways going to be here for you. I promise I will always love you. But most of all I promise to not break any of these promises." He stared deep into my eyes trying to see my reaction. I could feel the freshly warm tears slowly slide down my cheeks. "will you Katie, accept this promise ring?" He held out the ring ready to slide it onto my fingers. I nodded with the tears now falling much harder. "yes!" I continued nodding. I felt silver band slide onto my finger. I immediately wrapped my arms around his neck placing another kiss onto his lips. "I- love you- so- much." I say in between kisses. "I love you more princess" he whispered back.