Chapter 34

Katie's pov:

2 months later

You could definitely see that I had a little gut. but I was fine with it. Everything in life was going so well and I think Joe and I have never been more closer. There was nothing more adorable then him kissing my belly each time he woke up and went to bed. "come on Joe wake up we have a doctor's appointment." I said lightly tapping his shoulder. I stood up and made my way towards the light switch and letting it flick up. I turned around and gave Joe a weird look as I watched him hiss at the light before covering his face with the blanket.I couldn't help but giggle. I walked over to my wardrobe and slid a pair of leggings and a t-shirt on. Then I walked back to the bed and ripped the blanket off with all my might. The second the blanket left his skin he went into fetal position trying to contain all the warmth left.
*
"Katie and Joe Sugg" we heard the nurse call smiling. Yes i noticed her calling Me and Joe as if we were married, to be honest I didn't mind. I broke into a grin as I laid down. I felt the cool gel hit my stomach sending shivers up my spine. After watching the girl eyeing the screen unsurely she excused herself. Joe's hand intertwined my fingers as we waited for the nurse to return. It wasn't long before the doctor walked in himself. He made his way towards the computer eyeing it carefully. Joe and I shared a worried glance before shrugging it off. "can you go ahead and get dressed? Then I will have nurse smith here bring you into my office." the doctor left the room leaving a clueless Joe and I behind. I sat up And obeyed .
*
"What I'm about to tell you is never easy, I think it would be best if you two had a seat." The doctor motioned us to the chairs. I gave Joe a worried glance before sitting down and focusing my attention to the doctor."I'm terribly sorry but I'm afraid your child didn't make it." He said gently. This moment was filled with so many emotions. I feel like my world was turned upside down. Like my heart was shattered. It's all my fault, I didn't take better care of it. I felt Joe's hand squeeze mine as a few tears escaped my eyes. "I'll give you some time alone." the doctor walked out the room and shut the door behind him. I turned to look at Joe. He was trying so hard to keep the tears down, probably for my sake. But the second I broke down, he did too. "I'm so sorry Joe this is all my fault! I wasn't a good enough mother to even take care of it while he was in my stomach!" I sobbed. Why did this have to happen. I've never felt so horrible in my life. "Babe, don't even say that." He stood up and pulled me up so we both were standing. "you didn't cause any of this! You didn't know this was going to happen. This is NOT your fault." He held me so close, like he was afraid he was going to lose me too. We stayed like this for what felt like forever. "We should head home." Joe sniffed. I nodded. He took my hand into his and we walked out the doctor's. Together.
*
The drive home was silent. The second I got home I laid on the bed letting tears slowly roll off my cheeks. I felt the bed dip as Joe slipped in next to me wrapping his arms around my waist. "What are we going to tell Caspar?" Joe whispered into my ear. He doesn't even know I was pregnant let alone that I had a miscarriage. Joe and I agreed to tell him when we were ready but with me moping around the house, I think he will start getting curious. "Tomorrow?" I said. He nodded. I looked at my phone to check the time. 2:38pm. I'll just take a nap. I shut my eyes ignoring the little tears that slip.
*
I woke up to completer darkness. The only light visible was the one in the hallway. The bed was empty. I grab my phone and see its 7:43 pm. I swing my feet over the bed and stand up. I swing the door open all the way and make my way upstairs rubbing my eyes. I look around before seeing Joe next to the stove on his phone. I make my way into the kitchen before his eyes meet mine. I see him smile before he locked his phone and set it down. "you finally woke up."His eyes shifted to the pan filled with mac n cheese before shifting his whole body to stir it.I nodded and crossed my arms before leaning against the counter. "My head hurts." I admit now rubbing my throbbing head with my fingers while I looked down at the floor.I heard footsteps shuffle before Joe's socks were in my view. He held his hand out. I smiled as I grabbed the aspirin and some water. "Thanks." I said wiping my mouth with the back of my hand. I walked towards the couch grabbing the blanket thats usually shoved in a corner. I sat down with my knees to my chest and just stared blankly at the wall letting events from today come back to me. I fought back tears as much as possible.Joe snapped me out of my trance with his hand holding a bowl in front of me. "here princess, you need to eat." I smiled at my nickname and took the bowl. Joe walked a few steps over before sitting next to me with a bowl in his hands as well. He grabbed the remote before switching the tv on. We just sat there watching tv for a good 3 hours before I fell asleep on the couch. I wasn't paying attention to the television though, I was thinking about what I was going to say to Caspar.