Chapter 23

Katie's pov:
"Is this Luke's?" I ask. It's true. She does like Luke, why else would his shirt be here. I watched her face carefully it went from 'deer in headlights' to guilt. "Oh yeah." she said making it sound like no big deal. I could tell something was bugging her. "Katie can I tell you something, and I know there is a huge possibility you will hate me but please just hear me out." I nodded for her to continue."I kissed Luke. Before Caspar and I broke up. But It felt different, I never felt that way with Caspar. I mean when I kissed Caspar it was simple but when I kissed Luke I felt chills like it was meant to be. Like a magnetic pull was just drawing us together. But I know it was wrong but it felt so right. I never meant for it to happen and I feel so guilty for doing this to Caspar, but then he broke up with me and It literally felt like someone threw my heart at the ground. I still had feelings for Caspar, but he made it very clear he didn't have feelings for me." she sighed. If only she knew that he still does. "After he broke up with me, I ran out the door and I thought you were following me so I ran. However when I stopped it was Luke." she smiled as she said his name. "He said we should go do something to get my mind off Caspar and I agreed. He took me ice skating and to eat and we kissed and I felt butterflies and more things That I never felt with Caspar and-" she let out a breath. "I think I'm falling for him." How she be falling for him? She just got out of a relationship. "You just got out of a relationship with Caspar. This morning." I made sure she was aware of how silly this is. Her eyes fell making her look sad. "I know, but I can't help how I feel or when I feel them. I always had a crush on Luke and our kiss confirmed that we both like each other. He even told me." she confessed. My mind is trying to comprehend what shes telling me. I'm not going to lie, hearing this made me feel a bit annoyed because this was all hurting Caspar. But another part of me felt happy for her because she described some of the feelings I feel towards Joe. "don't you think your moving on a little to fast?" I asked opening the tub of ice cream handing her a spoon and grabbing one for me. "I'm aware. But I don't know what to do." she said taking a bite and falling back onto the bed staring at the ceiling. "I don't know what to tell you." I said laying down with her. "are you mad at me?" She asked looking towards me. "no, I mean I wish that Caspar wasn't apart of this but I can't do anything about that." I answered back still staring at the ceiling. It was silent for a good minute before I said something. "Lauren?". "Yeah?" She asked meeting my eyes. "Do you really like Luke?" I asked to make sure. "I do. I really do." she said genuinely. "then test the waters, see where it goes." I said smiling. Her face broke into a grin before she jumped up and pulled me up with her. "thank you so much!" She pilled me into a hug and squeezed tightly. I smiled and hugged her back. "Your welcome?" I said confused. I didn't really do anything. "Listen I'm goin to head to bed, what do you say we get some much needed shopping done?" I asked walking towards her door. "I would love that!" She said Smiling. I nodded before walking to the door and shutting it once I stepped out. I walked to my room and laid down hoping Joe would come to bed soon so we could cuddle. Lucky for me he did. "oh you have such perfect timing." I say patting the bed. He took off his t-shirt and jeans leaving him in boxers. He lifted the blanket and I felt the bed dip slightly. He wiggled in close to me and kissed my forehead. "I love you so much." he whispered into my ear. "I love you more" I replied leaning in for a goodnight kiss.