Decipi

You squeeze Arthur's middle a little tighter when you see the teepees drawing into view across the bridge, although Tiio and Charles had assured you you'd be welcome the cluster of men facing you with their bows raised said otherwise.

"Charles, I don't know about this. They don't seem too happy about us being here."

"Relax brother." Charles grins and rides ahead, Tiio trotting behind.

Watching nervously, you see Charles and Tiio embrace a man who steps from behind the archers. They're too far to hear what they're saying but his head snaps up staring over to the four of you who wait behind. You see Tiio gesture to John who sits behind Abigail with his head resting on her shoulder. He'd spent the entire ride in agony, being jostled on the saddle since none of you could risk stealing a cart.

Finally, you see the man nod, waving at the men who immediately lower their weapons.

"I guess that means we're good to go."

Riding into the reservation you're struck by the calmness in the air, despite your initial welcome everyone seems happy and curious about your arrival. With children and adults alike drawing closer to see the new visitors.

Two men step forwards to help John from the saddle, their strong arms guiding him down as he winces and groans.

"Where are they taking him?" Abigail quickly dismounts her eyes wide with panic.

"To the healer, you should go with him." The man beside Tiio points to the large central tent and she wastes no time in hurrying after them.

"Arthur, Y/n. This is Rains Fall, chief and Tiio's uncle."

Charles introduces you to the man wearing a dark button-down shirt and a wide-brimmed hat. Unsure how to address a chief you offer a smile and a small wave, elbowing Arthur when he doesn't move.

"My niece tells me you are being hunted for the prices on your heads. I won't ask of your crimes but know that we do not tolerate violence here, you are free to stay as long as there is no threat to my people." He removes his hat and steps towards Arthur, angling his head up a little at the height difference. "The people hunting you are no different from the ones that hunted mine, your family is safe here."