Stronger Together I

Warning: Smut, lactation (you think you can just have a baby and there not be real body happenings?)

If you want to skip this type of smut you can stop reading after the ******* and read Stronger Together II alone. Or you can skip both if smut is not really your thing.)

It took you a couple of days to feel back to yourself after your episode, you were still sleeping in the medical tent with John however since Arthur still wasn't back you found it hard to be alone with your thoughts. You'd tried distracting yourself with Abigail but found her own sadness of leaving Jack was consuming her, leaving her distant and quiet. No, what you needed was tough love, someone who understood Arthur as much as you did and who wouldn't allow you to sit and mope. John was exactly what you needed.

"So, have we decided how you're gonna die yet?"

"What?" you snap your head up from the basket you'd been weaving, one of the many new talents you'd picked up during your time here and yet another failed attempt at distracting yourself from your thoughts.

"When Arthur's back, how'd you wanna die?" John grins at you from his blanket on the floor, his gunshot wound was healing well but still prevented him from sitting up without help.

You throw a piece of wicker at him; he clutches his chest and gasps at you.

"Like do you think he'll cry while he's murdering you? All conflicted and moody. Or will he have that serious Arthur face he does, y'know the one he gets when he's workin' a bank?" He tips his head and lowers his brow, straightening his mouth into a straight line that you believe is supposed to resemble your husband. "Darlin' I'm really sorry, I love ya, but ya make me crazy."

You tip your head back and laugh out loud for what feels like the first time in a long time at his poor attempt at Arthur's drawl.

"Glad to hear you're feeling better."

His voice startles you and you drop the half-finished basket. Arthur leans against the tent's entrance, his arms crossed across his broad chest and his face passive.

"You're back." You push yourself to your feet.

At first, you think he's going to embrace you, but instead, he pushes from the beam and nods for you to follow

At first, you think he's going to embrace you, but instead, he pushes from the beam and nods for you to follow. Feeling your heart begin to race you glance back at John with concern but all he offers is a grim smile.

"Nice knowin' ya."

You roll your eyes and follow after Arthur.

Arthur didn't wait for you, instead, you see him making his way into your shared tent. Willing your legs to follow you duck into the tent to find him stood with his back to you, his head shaking slowly and his shoulders tense.

"Arthur?" your voice is a whisper and your skin prickles with anticipation of his reaction because you know, that despite his love for you, you've pissed him off.