Chapter Twelve : Red Wine in Paper Cups

*WARNING*

Y/n's POV

I raise my right hand up, hesitating slightly, but ultimately knocking on the door. My left hand grips the neck of the wine bottle a little tighter. This was a dumb idea, wine sees presumptous.

Should I have opted for beer?

I roll my eyes at my inner thoughts, shifting my weight back and forth on my feet until I hear the sound of soft steps coming toward the door, and suddenly all the air in my lungs has dissipated.

My throat grumbles out an incoherent sound when she finally opens the door, revealing herself standing in a black silk rope, the belt tied loosely, opening up to see more of her than I thought I was going to see this evening.

Now I feel overdressed.

Her smirk is undeniable, "Are you going to come in, or are you going to gawk at me in the hallway?" Her voice is sultry and enticing, she's definitely doing this on purpose.

I nod a little too quickly, not able to muster up any words at the moment and slip past her to get inside, hearing the click of the door closing behind me.

I take a moment to look around the room, the presidential suite. It was almost twice the size of the room Connor and I had, but with only one bedroom. The kitchen space was massive, but what caught my attention was the view, despite facing the same direction, somehow the view of the waterfall was ten times better here than the one we have. Turning around a little, I explore the room with my eyes, not wanting to go wandering around her space without permission. From the living space I could see into the bathroom, a large tub sits in the middle of the tiled room, a bit impractical but I suppose if you've got the money for the room, practicality isn't what you're going for. The bedroom was also much bigger, the bed itself a king, black silk sheet fit it perfectly, reminding me of the robe she is wearing.

I didn't take her for the luxurious type, but we all have our guilty pleasures I suppose.

I am knocked back into the moment when I feel her hands rubbing up and down my back, snaking their way around my sides and settling on my stomach. Her forehead not resting on my spine, I lift my right hand to meet the ones of hers wrapped around me, gently grazing over her skin. Smiling into the quiet of the moment.

"You brought wine?" She finally breaks the silence, taking it from my hand and reading the label.

I shrug awkwardly. "Felt like a good idea at the time." Remembering back to my anxious visit to the grocery store to kill time while she's been busy this morning. I'm not sure how many hours I spent in the wine section looking at each label, assessing the ingredients and looking up articles on my phone about which ones were the best.

Ultimately I ended up going with one with a funny name, the picture on the label drew me in and no matter how many more expensive bottles I picked up, it was the one I kept coming back to.

"From the Dirty and Rowdy Winery?" She quirks an eyebrow as she reads it over, "Didn't take you as the kinky type, Y/n, but good to know." She jokes, but the damage is already done, my face flushes a bright red. The heat almost burns as I gulp down every bit of saliva in my mouth and let out a shaky breath.

Again, she smirks at my reaction, but then disappears into the kitchen with the bottle. I take the time to recollect myself, puffing the air in my cheeks and letting it go slowly, calming myself down.

This woman is doing things to me, and I thought we were just here to talk, but if she keeps it up, I'm not sure I'll have the self control to not push her up against a wall and finish what we started in the alley.