Chapter 20 : Point Of View Matters

Hello loves!

Connor's POV

For the last few hours, Y/n and I have been hanging out at her house. She was getting ready for her date with Wanda Maximoff that she had informed me about last night after her party. Although spewing with visible nerves, she was excited, she wasn't told what they were doing so she dressed fairly casually. Despite not being at home in the new clothing that Tony had insisted she wear, she pulled it off beautifully.

And as we settle into the couches in the living room as we wait for her date to show up, I can't help but take in my little sister.

I knew her feelings for Wanda were genuine, Y/n wasn't the type to fake feelings for someone else. Everything she ever felt was intense and all in. Any girl she ever liked, she wouldn't ever hold herself back from falling for them, but this didn't only apply to relationships.

I remember how she went through to motions of grief and excitement when she found out who her dad was. We had such different experiences growing up, mom had told me vaguely who my father was, although not a perfect gentleman, or entirely ready for a kid, he was willing to try even if he failed, but unfortunately he never got to meet me before he died in a car accident.

Y/n had a much more uncertain view of where she came from, mom didn't tell her or me who her dad was, she had to figure that out for herself when mom got sick. Y/n searched for any clues in old memento boxes and photo albums, and slowly but surely she pieced it all together.

She confronted our mother and thankfully she didn't try and deny it anymore, she told the both of us the whole lackluster story of how Y/n came about, skipping over the details of course. Apparently she never got in touch with Tony to tell him he had a daughter but he wasn't known for his fatherly image at the time so she knew he wouldn't have dropped everything to take care of them anyways, not in the way she would've wanted at least.

So, as the both of us were dealing with the complexities and struggles of taking care of our mom and getting her to her treatments, working a handful of jobs between the two of us, going to gigs to bring in as much extra cash as possible, Y/n was dealing with the new knowledge of her legacy.

It wasn't often that she faltered, she held strong, but she would confide in me if she ever needed to. I was the one who tried to talk her out of getting into contact with Tony, but Y/n wasn't known for following advice once she had her sights set on something.

Tony flew her out there a couple days after she had gotten the contact info for his agent. I guess he wanted to be sure he really did have a kid floating out there in the world, although I wouldn't be surprised if he had a dozen or more.

And ever since that day that I watched her get onto a plane, a contraption she loathes, I've watched my baby sister swirling with a mess of emotions, feeling pain and anger, heartbroken and squashed down, hopeful and excited, but mostly confused and conflicted.

Confused why she didn't amount to enough to be publicly acknowledge, conflicted about signing a contract that effectively discounted her biology and most of all, disappointed in herself that she craved such attention from a fatherly figure that she would be willing to give up herself just to have him give her very little of himself.

So, as I sit here now, taking her in, I see all these emotions swirling in her eyes once again, the ways she sits and the drumming of her foot against the carpet. She was as conflicted about dating Wanda Maximoff as she was about being Tony Stark's daughter. Because both of them were asking the impossible of her, to be a secret.

And she willingly agreed to both, because for her the love of a father, of a girl like Wanda wouldn't be able to be replicated. And she was willing to suffer if it meant a chance to have them look at her the way she looks at them, like caring for them is what she was meant to do.