Chapter 15 : Twisted Sisters

Hello, lovelies!

Y/n's POV

After my moment at Tony's house, Connor drove me to the lot, having to switch into professional mode quickly as Yelena and I had a few scenes to run through today. Thankfully it wasn't a jam packed day, but I also welcomed the distraction. I wonder if Yelena has seen it, some of Mark's remarks at the end of his article insinuated something more going on with us, and we both know it might be expected of us to be seen together and flirting, but those are also up to us, this is blatantly assuming.

I clench my jaw at the thought, looking in the mirror, taking in how I barely registered driving onto the set and being placed in the hair and make up chair by Connor.

Connor has always been my rock, anytime something like this has happened, he's been there for me, and he knows all the right things to say and do when I need them. Like right now he is giving me the space to deal with this on my own, but I know later tonight or tomorrow he'll let me get it all out, suggesting a siblings night of going drinking or sitting on the couch talking shit about whatever reality TV show he's obsessed with at the moment.

A mess of red hair sits in the chair next to me with a plop, I bite my cheek trying not to laugh at how ungraceful she can be when she's not on screen, although I've never actually talked to her one on one.

Should I introduce myself?

Is she wanting to be left alone?

Does she even know who I am?

"You're thinking too hard, you'll get lines on your forehead, Angel." Her sultry voice comments as I stare off into the distance in deep reflection at what I should do.

"Hi," I chuckle out nervously, almost as much as Wanda Maximoff scares me, and so does Natasha Romanoff. I'm also making out with her sister on camera, so that's more nerve wrecking somehow. "I'm Y/n by the way." I decide to introduce myself formally, seeing as how we seem to have glazed over any pleasantries with one another since I've joined the studio.

Her light laugh fills the room, "Yelena was right, you are cute." My face flushes a deep crimson at her words, not sure how to respond, but thankfully she continues, "I know who you are sweetheart, you're kind of hard to miss." Her eyebrows tweak up in a peculiar manner.

I question this, "How so?"

"I tend to take note of who the world calls Daddy."

I choke on the air, turning my face as far from her as possible to hide the embarrassing contortion of my face that has subconsciously erupted.

"Don't be shy now, you certainly weren't at the Awards Show, and I quite liked that performance." She eggs me on, her hand reaching over and past the space between us to pull my body around to face her.

"I don't make a habit of doing things like that." I mention, not wanting her to think I'm like that all the time, because even if it's a facade I have to hold up in public, it takes too much energy to be that person I was on the stage that night all the time. Sometimes I have to be the lowkey asshole that Tony needs me to be.

She hums in thought, "Shame, I liked your singing."

"That, I do a lot." I gulp down the nerves as I notice her prevalent smirk tugging at her lips, "Tony's always looking for some way to get me to sing and dance for him." I joke, but if only she knew the lengths of which I go for him, I'm not sure she'd think I was joking.

There's a falter in her demeanor, it's subtle and you wouldn't be able to see if you weren't as close as I am to her now, I can almost feel her breath on my face. "What makes you so special?" She asks bluntly.