Rose

Third POV

Rose was sitting in her living room, still a bit shocked about what had happened a little bit before. She got attacked by dummies and met a strange man who blew her job up. She was being fussed over by her mother, and soon her boyfriend, while having to answer to her best friend, Annika. Annika had moved with her father to the U.K. a few years ago and the two got along brilliantly.

The next day, a taller, thin body dropped on her as her alarm went off, "Get. Up," an American accent was heard, bouncing Rose with each word. "Okay, Annie, I'm getting up," Rose grumbled out. Rose got ready and walked out to find Annie already eating, not surprising, she's a foodie. "There's Finch's. You could try them. They've always got jobs," Jackie suggested to her daughter, talking about jobs.

"Oh, great. The butchers," Rose grumbled.

"Nothing wrong with that," Annika defended one of her favorite shops, her and her father went there all the time.

"Well, it might do you some good. That shop was giving you airs and graces. And I'm not joking about compensation. You've had a genuine shock and trauma. Arianna got two thousand quid off the council just because the old man behind the desk said she looked Greek! I know she is Greek, but that's not the point. It was a valid claim," Jackie said, walking back to her room, leaving the two girls alone.

"So, moving dummys?" Annie questioned. Rose found that Annie could always handle the weird stuff really well, but then again, she thinks her and her father are a bit not right in the head, always seeming to have argument with themselves. A rattling was heard behind them, making the two look back.

"Mum, you're such a liar. I told you to nail that cat flap down. We're going to get strays," Rose said, going to investigate while Annie started searching the freezer.

(The Doctor POV)

I was investigating the Nestene Consciousness, getting a signal form a building, Powell Estate, to be exact. It lead me to this one door, but I had also seemed to be getting another alien reading, but it was confusing on what it was trying to say. I tried to undo the flap at the bottom of the door only for it to be lifted up and reveal the human I had saved previously, "What're you doing here?" I asked, jumping up as she opened the door.

"I live here," she stated.

"Well, what do you do that for?"

"Because I do. Only at home because someone blew up my job," the human, Rose, told me. I looked back down again, it was still saying there was something from the Nestene Consciousness in there, but it wasn't coming from Rose, and neither was the other alien signal. I looked back up, "I must have gotten the wrong signal. You're not plastic, are you?" I knocked on her head, "No, bonehead. Bye, then," I said, wondering if I would find the other presence again, I swear there was another too, nearby.

I was grabbed by Rose and pulled in, "You. Inside. Right now."

"Who is it?" another voice called out, judging by the noise I heard farther away, I knew there were two beings in the flat, I didn't think the one who just spoke was it.

"It's about last night. He's part of the inquiry. Give us ten minutes," Rose said, sticking her head into another room, I'm assuming talking to her mother. "She deserves compensation," the older woman said, yeah, she was a human. "Oh, we're talking millions," I told her.

The woman froze and looked at me, "I'm in my dressing gown," she said, but I was a bit distracted hearing Rose say, "Annie, what did I say about eating frozen oven crunchies?"