Boom Town

"Do you think I have a chance with Fenrir?" Rose asked Annika when she was by herself. She had been working up the courage to ask her friend that. "I can say that my brother has an interest in you and my brothers tend to have aspects of their animal halves...like mating for life," Annika said.

"But you said Jotunn have mates?" Rose asked.

"If Fenrir touches you without his glamour and it has no effect on you at all. Then you're his mate. Only my family can touch him because we're either related or he trusts us. My only question for you is if Fenrir decided to be a female for a bit, would you accept her?" Annika asked. She's being the protective sister, she knows they end up together, but she wants to hear this from Rose.

Rose, on the other hand, was imagining Fenrir as a woman. Would his brown curls grow out? Would she have more muscle to her like her male form does compared to her siblings? Would she have that predatory look in her eyes? Would she have the slightly sharpened canines her male form would have? Rose thoughts were making a blush appear on her face as she imagined the possibilities of what Fenrir looked like as a female. "Considering the blush on your face," Annika started, knocking Rose out of her thoughts, "And the little bit of thoughts I was hearing, totally not gross or anything," Annika said the last part sarcastically, disgust clear on her face, "you would accept her."

Before Rose could stutter out a comment, they hear a knock. "I need to break up with Mickey," she says.

"Yes, yes you do. Fenrir won't even dare make a move while you're still with Mickey," Annika told her.

"Who the hell are you?" Jack answered.

"What do you mean, who the hell am I? Who the hell are you?" Mickey's voice responded. Rose' eyes widened.

"Ah, well...here's your chance," Annika said, patting Rose's thigh as she stood up, "Tell him to talk to me afterward," she adds and walked out, Rose following behind, going through what she's going to say to Mickey.

Mickey had forced himself in, annoying the Doctor who had fixing a part of the TARDIS as Emerson just watched the drama. "Don't tell me. This must be Mickey," Jack drawled.

"Here comes trouble! How're you doing, Ricky boy?" the Doctor spoke up.

"It's Mickey!"

Annika came out with Rose following, "Don't listen to him, he's winding you up. I need to talk to you privately though," Rose said, pulling Mickey to another room.

Jack, Emerson, and the Doctor looked at Annika in confusion, "She's breaking up with him," she said and the three nodded. Jack didn't have an opinion because he knew nothing of Rose and Mickey's relationship, the Doctor looked a little surprised, and Emerson understood.

*******

Rose brought Mickey into the room, "You're breaking up with me, aren't you?" Mickey asked.

Rose looked surprised and nodded, "I caught feelings for someone else, and I don't know where it's going to go. I knew it wouldn't be fair on you, but to be honest, I liked it better when we were just friends. I felt like we were going to split up at some point anyway."

"Sooo, if I were to say they I had started seeing someone else, you wouldn't be mad and I can stop feeling guilty over it?" Mickey asked.

Rose gave him a smile and nodded and he looked relieved and hugged her, "Thank you," he said, "Now who is this person?" he asked. Immediately he saw the blush reappear back on Rose, "You must really have a thing for them, you never blushed for me that hard," he teased and she wacked him in the arm as he laughed.