The Unquiet Dead

The Doctor POV

I showed Rose her bedroom after directing Annika to hers. She was quite exhausted from being in the sun and had to be helped to her room after she had gotten something to eat. She had plopped down on her bed as soon as she had seen it. The next morning I had , I had found Rose trying to find something, "What are you looking for?" I asked, making her jump.

"You said there was a kitchen," she responded. I nodded and guided her there, apparently Annika had already found it and she was eat raw organ meat straight out the fridge. She paused seeing us, "Hi," she said. Rose simply just went to go look for her own food, "After finding out she's been eating the stray cats, I'm not really thrown off. And that's not the worse I've seen her eat," Rose told me.

"Well eat all your Chinese food next time and I won't eat it out the trash," Annika argued. Rose aimed her hand in Annika's direction, "See? The reason we didn't finish it was because it wasn't fully cooked. I was really curious as to how she didn't get a stomach bug as a result," she explained.

I had gotten my own bit of food, "Do you two want to go into the past this time?" I asked. The two nodded and soon we were back in the console room, the TARDIS going a bit jerky as I was trying to drive it. Thankfully Annika understood a little bit about what to do and was helping. "Hold that one down!" I told Rose.

"I'm holding this one down!" she yelled back. Annika just rolled her eyes, lifting a leg up and holding down the lever.

"I promised you a time machine and that's what you're getting. Now, 1860. How does 1860 sound?" I asked.

"What happened in 1860?"

"People lived and died," Annika bluntly replied.

"No shit, Sherlock," Rose said.

"Oooo, does Sherlock exist?!" Annika asked excitedly. Before anyone could respond to her, we landed rather roughly. "Blimey!"

"You're telling me. Are you all right?" I asked the two.

"Yeah, Mayhem broke my fall," rose started.

"She didn't break mine, but I'm healing. Oh stop it Mayhem I know she's breakable it just would've been nice," Annika said from the floor, I suppose she was arguing with Mayhem afterwards.

"Anyway," Rose spoke up again, "Nothing broken. Did we make it? Where are we?"

"I did it. Give the man a medal. Earth, Naples, December 24th, 1860," I told them. Annika's eyebrows scrunched together as she was trying to think of something, but Rose just looked amazed, "That's so weird. It's Christmas."

Christmas Eve, but yeah, sure, "All yours," I said.

Annika finally stood up as Rose continued, "But, it's like, think about it, though. Christmas. 1860. Happens once, just once and it's gone, it's finished, it'll never happen again. Except for you. You can go back and see days that are dead and gone a hundred thousand sunsets ago. No wonder you never stay still."

"Not a bad life," I told her. I still felt a lot of guilt from the past, it was actually not the best for me to be one my own, and I knew that.

"Better with three. Come on, then," Rose said, heading for the door.

"Hey," I stopped her, "Where do you think you're going?"

"1860."

"Go out there dressed like that, you'll start a riot, Barbarella. There's a wardrobe through there. First left, second right, third on the left, go straight ahead, under the stairs, past the bins, fifth door on your left. Hurry up!" I urged the two