Father's Day

The Doctor and Annika were making small talk when they entered the console room seeing Rose staring at a picture of a man and a baby, "Peter Alan Tyler, my dad. The most wonderful man in the world. Born 15th September 1954," she started, the Doctor already having a bad feeling, "That's what mom always says. So I was thinking, could we, could we go and see my dad when he was still alive?" she asked.

"Where's this coming from all of a sudden?" the Doctor asked. He was extremely hesitant to go there. He knows what Rose could end up doing and it would all of them in danger, it would put Annika in danger...why does he care more about Annika being in danger than other people? He had begun to notice that he had been more relaxed around the two women and there was something about Annika, he just couldn't place what it was.

"All right then, if we can't, if it goes against the laws of times or something, then never mind, just leave it," Rose said. The past few times she witnessed Annika's face light up when she saw Eddie made her miss her dad, but she understood if the Doctor couldn't do it. Annika was keeping quiet about it, she knew there was a law about preventing someone's death who was supposed to be dead. The Time Lords specifically could fix the time loop but multiple were needed and they only had one. But, she also knows Rose never knew her dad, but Annika didn't know if Rose was going to try to save him.

"No, I can do anything. I'm just more worried about you," the Doctor said. Annika could hear the double meaning, 'I'm worried your going to try to stop his death,' is probably what he meant to say.

"I want to see him," Rose decided.

"Your wish is my command. But be careful what you wish for," the Doctor warned. He asked for the date she wanted to go to, "My parents wedding day," she decided and told him the date. They sat in the back and watched the wedding and Annika was hiding her snickering when Pete couldn't remember Jackie's full name. "I thought he'd be taller," Rose whispered.

When they left the wedding, Rose spoke up again, "Mum would always tell me the she wasn't there, there was nobody. It was a hit and run driver. Never found out who. He was dead when ambulance had gotten there, she wished somebody had been there. I want to be that somebody, so he doesn't die alone," Rose said. Red flags were raised in the Doctor's head, but he was going to trust his companion to not do anything stupid, "November the 7th?" he asked, also asking for the year, "1987," he hears.

The TARDIS parks and the trio walk out to see the quiet street on a sunny day, "This is it. Jordan Road. He was late. He'd been to get a wedding present, a vase. Mum always said, that stupid vase," Rose said as Annika watched a van pull into the curb, a man she recognized at Rose's father walked out, "He got out of his car," she hears Rose say, "And crossed the road," she finished, all three watching and Annika heard the approaching car. "Oh, God. This is it," Rose mumbled. The Doctor and Annika both grabbed her hands to try to comfort her as the car sped by, hitting Peter and he kept going, leaving the man to die, "Go to him, quick," the Doctor and Annika urged.

Rose tried, but she couldn't, she shakes her head hearing the sirens, "It's too late now. By the time the ambulance got there, he was dead. He can't die on his own. Can I try again?" even more red flags were now going off in his head, he could see the raised eyebrow Annika was giving her friend and had a suspicion she was getting the same red flags. He knows her and her siblings when they wanted quiet, would go and sit with Heimdall and watch all the paths he sees. Heimdall has probably taught them things, and probably watches over the siblings and Eddie when they aren't on Asgard. He is so screwed if Rose messes up, but technically it would be Rose's fault, not his.

But, he knew sometimes that he needs to have faith in his companions, they enter the TARDIS again and exit seeing themselves around the corner, "Right, that's the first us. Wait till she runs off and he follows, then go to your dad," the Doctor explained.